Should mobile gaming be considered as "real" gaming?

discovery55 Apr 30, 2015

1. discovery55

discovery55 The One and Only.
    45/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    When I wasn't solely dedicated to XPG as my main feed for gaming news (You're welcome, Bullet ;) )
    I realised how so many people were arguing over mobile gaming and whether it's a "Real" platform for gaming. I thought this would be a good topic that members would enjoy debating over. Post your opinions below!

2. bornbad

bornbad Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    135/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    My phone and ipads full of emulators everything from nes to playstations so im going with yes ha :gamer4:

3. Bu

Bullet Guest

Mobile gaming has certainly come a long way since the days of Snake on old Nokia phones.
    [​IMG]

With advancements in technology gaming on mobile platforms has certainly got better over the years, but I wouldn't personally consider it a real gaming platform. There are others that will absolutely disagree with me and my opinion is purely my own of course.

4. discovery55

0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    I could never see mobile gaming becoming an e-sport, but I certainly think it will become more popular, but with microtransactions becoming more and more prominent everyday I worry about the future of gaming.

5. K Ron Spliffs

K Ron Spliffs Mr. GreenThumb
    45/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I think it all depends on the games. I would not classify Clash of Clans or games like it as a true gamer's game.
    Its all about the money in these mobile games now.

There is a South Park episode that covers the mobile gaming nonsense pretty well, its called "Freemium Isn't Free," (the 'mium' means not realy)

"With mobile apps, we now can make games that are boring and stupid, but if you pay for incentives, you're rewarded."
    "Make the game about waiting, but let the player pay not to wait."

I personally don't find any of the clash type games fun, extremely repetitive, but it is making mass amounts of money for Developers, so sadly don't see it fading away anytime soon.

If you have emulators, that is different, as it is, well emulating real gaming console. :p

6. discovery55

0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    I think the reason we all don't think it's that great is because we are a generation of gamers who grew up playing consoles, and playing a console game on a tablet or phone (such as one of the gta games that has been re-released) is just fiddly work and awkward to control.