Jtag External HDD Problems

tweeder24 Nov 18, 2014

1. tw

tweeder24 Newbie
    75/94

Gonna pick your brains this morning.....Bought a bigger HDD for playing games on my JTAG (Seagate 2TB), formatted 1.4 tb to fat32 and the other .6 tb to ntfs. Transferred the files (not the isos) over from my other external (Nexstar 500 GB) and the games don't work/half don't even show up in freestyle on the new 2tb hdd, but plug in the 500 gb and they work no problem. Compatibility issue I'm guessing but not sure, as the console has no problems detecting the new HDD, just will not allow any kind of software to be played. Any help would be appreciated!

2. bl

blames101 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    did you rescan through FSD?

3. tw

tweeder24 Newbie
    0/47

yes I rescanned all game directories through fsd3 and even tried to load them directly through file manager and still didn't work. Resized my partitions, tried to format a 32 gb partition the xbox and that didn't work, am getting frustrated and wondering if its the hdd itself that is causing me the problem, which doesn't make sense....a fat32 formatted hdd is a fat32 hdd, shouldn't matter on the brand, or am I wrong??

4. muffintastic

muffintastic Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    75/94

Console:
    Xbox
    1. Re-format your new drive FAT32.

2. Copy your old games (I assume already extracted?) to a PC - From your old 500GB - E,g For 360 games have one folder Xbox360\Drag Game Folders In This On, and for XBLA \XBLA\Drag files here.

3. Drag and drop your files from your PC to your new formatted drive.

4. Get a copy of XeXMenu 1.2.

5. Locate to the FSD Databases and delete the two files.

6. Re-add the sources, Usb:\Xbox360 - Check 360 Retail and 360 Dev Kit in the check boxes - Scan depth to 2 - Do the same for the XBLA and scan depth to two and check Arcade/Xbla check boxes