Tags:

[Information] [READ] [HDD] XBOX One

OfficialSilas Apr 20, 2014

1. OfficialSilas

OfficialSilas The PC Wizard
    235/282

Console:
    Other
    Hey everybody, so i'm getting an XBOX One hopefully soon, and all i can hear about it is the HDD. How all games goto be downloaded. In my opinion it was a stupid idea on Microsoft's behalf due to the fact of how much GIGS games take up and the HDD space the console comes with. But without the games installed onto the console, their would be no such thing as 'Snap' or navigating through the dashboard while your game is loading. Also, if people can tell me their HDD space left after downloading like 3-4 games would be awesome, and please do express your opinions here, i would love to hear your experiences with the general console's functions and it's features. Thanks for reading and have a nice day!!

2. gameroms

gameroms XPG
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    I only buy the digital copies and prob have about 9 games installed with dlc and it says that I have 49% of my storage left..

Shouldn't be to long before we have external storage, just another way for MS to get money. Put a small hdd inside and so we have to buy external storage, and I'm willing to bet that it will be MS external drives only.

3. OfficialSilas

105/188

Console:
    Other
    Whats the digital copies? as it the codes your redeem instead of buying the disc? and 9 games with %49 sounds alright i guess.

4. Yumiyashi

Yumiyashi © Grey Horse Pr0n Lifetime Gold XPG Retired Staff
    55/94

Console:
    Xbox
    I have a crapload(8) of games and have not yet reached the limit for the HDD space. It was buggy in some parts but was fixed after a patch, of course that was the first week it came out so obviously a new console has its bugs.

For general functions its just as fantastic as my 360 and allows me to watch Adventure Time or Top Gear whenever I get bored. The annoying thing is that Microphone options have not yet been added so when I have to record I gotta wire up a bunch of shizzat to make it hear voices. (Though their is a patch for options coming out to fix that issue.)
    Load times are really nice and its super nice being able to use the snap feature, can snap music or such while I am playing DR3 or another title. The HDMI input also is really high speed, plugged my 360 into it and works really good, not even a delay or nothing.

Also its getting a new graphics system soon which says it will make it load more graphics and better!

Digital are games you buy from the Xbox Store. :3

5. Fallen Predator

Fallen Predator Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    135/188

Console:
    Playstation 4
    buy a ps4 instead :devil:

6. NaCLy AF

NaCLy AF Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    235/282

Console:
    Xbox One
    i have 13 games installed
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zero
    Titanfall
    Project Spark
    Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare
    Thief
    Need for Speed Rivals
    Battlefield 4
    Call of Duty: Ghosts
    Halo Spartan Assault
    Killer Instinct
    Ryse
    FIFA 14
    Dead Rising 3
    Plus dlc and still got around 60% left

7. OfficialSilas

105/188

Console:
    Other
    I would man, but i would have no clue how to use it due to the fact that iv'e been with XBOX all my gaming life..

8. xACHILLIESx

xACHILLIESx Member
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    Have you checked your system settings as you can use the microphone on the kinect. I use my kinect quiet often when using my twitch account.

Also to continue the question above i have about 6 games. BF4 and Ghost are about my biggest games i have with all the DLC with them. And i'm running about 50% left of hard drive space. But i also have quiet a few apps downloaded as well. As for microsoft only allowing MS exclusive HDDs i doubt that will be the case as they allowed us to use any USB with the xbox 360. But we will see when that becomes available. Which should be pretty soon. As they said it will be with the next BETA release. So i'll be posting or im sure someone else will be posting when thats available.

9. OfficialSilas

105/188

Console:
    Other
    Ok, thanks for all the replies, i'ma get in XBOX One shortly and will be taking this in hands!

10. IIEvolution85II

IIEvolution85II Gamerscore Wreckage :) Gold Subscriber
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Yo PK89 off topic but is your cod ghosts digital or disc??

11. NaCLy AF

NaCLy AF Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    235/282

Console:
    Xbox One
    all my games are digital. Except forza

12. jayt180703

jayt180703 i think ive broke it
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    slightly off the topic but microsoft aint gettin no digital downloads from me reason why when the xbox one is eventually exploitable we may start to see bans and with digitals there goes youre.games collection with any account bans .

13. De

DellBoy Veni Vidi Vici Lifetime Gold
    235/282

Console:
    Xbox
    so have I mate 9 years on Gold and never had a Playstation apart from the PS1 I had for a short time, I'll be really honest with you and I'm in no way a PS fan but keep your 360 and buy a PS4 seriously you'll be so much more happy and all the games apart from a couple will be released on the 360 even some are only going to be released on the 360 and dev's are going to be supporting the 360 for at least 3 more years at least....

I keeped my 360 slim and my RGH slim and got a PS4 and after having my brother's xbox one at min for 3 weeks while he was on holiday I can honestly say the PS4 is so so much better in everyway, xbox has always keeped its members for one big reason and that was xbox live Gold and all the great features but PS+ in my view has beaten M$ there aswell now the service is better and all the stuff you get just for being a PS+ member is great, yes M$ are trying to get better with there Gold games 2 free a month but really most of them have been very poor.

When M$ where selling games like Conan for £2.99 lol PS+ users where getting Bioshock infinate for free and this was months ago now, it looks better, it feels better, and lol when I had both consoles sat next to each other, well lol, I don't know how old you are but I'm 32 and I had images of the very first VHS videa players the massive top loading video tape players PS4 is half the size weight and in my view twice as good, I mean take Trails new game as a example that was released only a few days ago released on the Xbox one at 800p but with a day one update to improve the graphics to 900p on the PS4 day one no need for a update running at 1080p kind off sums all the games up that have been released seriously

Last couple of points the xbox one is like buying a brand new car of the forecourt the second you get it home its lost half of its value.
    The PS4 is holding its value, check CEX.CO.UK xbox ones day one where £430 now take that to cex they sell them for £340 and will give you only £221 cash or £255 trade where as the PS4 day one was £350 cex sell them for £340 and will give you £227 cash or £260 trade, so the console was a lot cheaper to buy and still today holds its full price about and you can get more money cash or trade for the PS4 than the more expensive xbox one.

Oh and one last point, no need to worry about the HD because you can remove it and upgrade it easy unlike the sealed in xbox HD

easy choice I think, oh almost forgot all the Big massive games M$ promised us that would be a xbox only exclusive's lol, well of the 8-10 games they where boasting about I think they only have 1 and there own M$ games as they all or just about all have realised it would be stupid not to release on PS4 so they now are, and do't forget you'll still have your xbox360 and trust me like with titanfall the games are still great on the 360

so save your money keep your xbox360 and do the sensible thing and buy a PS4 if not in a couple of months your just going to wish you had bought the PS4...... (just my option, I have been a xbox only gamer no flaming please)

14. OfficialSilas

105/188

Console:
    Other
    Yeah man, i get where your coming from, but i'd have 0 people to play with and as all my friends have an XBOX One, i wan't to get it aswell. I think it would be unfair to be a XBOX Gamer all my life, and then just to switch. I also enjoy the XBOX One games as i've played 3 of them (TitanFall) (RYSE) (DR3). But i'll most likely just get both in the long run!

15. Fallen Predator

Fallen Predator Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    135/188

Console:
    Playstation 4
    hey mate i was the same, i did the switch and am not regretting it one bit, beside i miss out on halo gow and fable :(