game design
    Home Page:
    Console:
    Xbox One
    tools:
    Xbox.... (Pretty predictable
    slayers boot disc
    AID (abbreviated form of auto installer deluxe
    a modded Xbox with A MODCHIP OR TSOP FLASH SO XBOX BOOTS WITH A BIOS LIKE XECUTER ETC...
    Ability to ftp into Xbox via crossoverbacle or patch cable (DHCP)
    torx dongles(I used Phillip head and flat head screw drivers in my garage and it worked perfectly for me)

Ok I found this a very difficult to find information on when I was trying to find out how to prevent the dreaded data corruption error.

Firstly I hoped this at least goes in some guide or something so it can be used for reference for future users. E.g. put it in tutorial section under hdd.

Ok got that off my chest. Basically to start off pretty much all hardrives today make the jump from 250 to 300 or 320 gigs as a rule if you’re looking for the next size up. Now as stated if you want one big f drive at 256gigabytes the fatx system used to format hardrives becomes corrupted if data is exceeding that amount. Some people make the mistake and after putting all their files on they find it won't work/play.

A program called xbpartitioner available from the usual places can overcome this error by formatting the partition in 32k clusters instead of 16k.

Also please note both these ways MUST HAVE A MODCHIP OR TSOP FLASH ON THEM OR EITHER YOU ARE STUFFED I WILL ADD HOW TO SFTMOD DO IT LATER.

Type 1 Using auto installer deluxe and slayers

step1:
    for a flashed Xbox put in slayer first and open up config magic (or backup option in evox or slayers again) and back up your hdd settings and eeprom. Then ftp into Xbox and copy backup files to pc.

Firstly open up your Xbox(many tutorials out there to do this) then unscrew the 2 middle screws after opening lid then take out hdd bay after unclipping the ide and power cable. If you turn it length ways on the side there will be screws on either side got me? Unscrew them then screw in new hdd that you just bought and put in both power an ide cables. And put Xbox back together again.

Auto installer deluxe (abbreviated to AID) it an auto installer like slayers. It has the unleashx dash and can run programs out of it by simply pressing the button on them. So after you have downloaded the file or acquired it in any way I don't care how. pop it into your box let it load (it worked on a tdk cd-r for me in a Samsung drive) and then format hdd the usual way so you have the same table as in your old hdd. Then scroll down to tools section. Then select the xbpartitioner icon.

N.B. as said this is a boot cd so must have a hacked bios installed to do this. Remember there is no dash or anything on the hdd just installed.

After formatting the hdd the usual way go into xbpartitioner and go to partition 6 the big f drive you are after. Press a until you see all available space go onto f (e.g. / you don't want to have partition 6+7. you just want it all on partition6). It was about 292gigs for my western digital hardrive for partition 6. Then to make sure press the white button on your controller and watch the right top side of the screen until it says 32k clusters.

You are now good to go. Press start and a warning screen will pop up. Then press y to format. It will say 32k clusters on the bottom middle of the screen when briefly formatting. Then you’re done reboot Xbox after.

pop in your favorite auto installer (I used slayers) and install ms dash/hacked dash and programs. I used the option of installing all on f. then ftp across into your Xbox and fill with other programs and any updated version of the same program. And whatever else fancy’s you... [​IMG]
    then copy the backup, back across onto Xbox and place it in f. open config magic via Xbox or slayers and insert the required hdd info on the previous hdd and lock it if you want. (An unlocked hdd can't go into dash with chip off.)

The hardrive in my Xbox before was the stock one which I kept "VIRGIN" with no other material other than game saves and the 5960 dashboard.

Another note. This is what I did and it worked for me using a xecuter 2.2 lite mod chip with 5035 bios and a 320gig hdd that was taken straight out of the static packaging with AID and Slayers.