Xbox360 DVD question on 2 flashed drives???

Badger1975 Nov 23, 2013

1. Badger1975

Badger1975 Newbie
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I have 2 Dvd drive from 2 non working Xbox360's that had just main motherboard problems that I know of but I believe the DVD drives from both still work and they were both real simple to flash using the Jungleflasher program I got online.

Before I get to the main question here, Let me specify which dvd drives these are,

1st is a Samsung and was shown with a Stock Firmware 25 as it showed and was flashed with LT+ 2.1

2nd is a Hitachi and was shown with a Stock Firmware 47 as it showed and was flashed with LT+ 2.0

Now my question is, "Can I use one of these flashed drives on my currently working Xbox360 that is also a phat system and the drives look the same and fit the same ans same hookups but the only thing is that my current working system has a Lite-on drive that was too complicated for me to probe flash so I wanted to find out here with this question to find out if I can just switch the current Lite-on with either the Samsung or the Hitachi Drives and will it work fine and all????

Please let me know on this since I really don't want to just go and switch them without knowing and then cause damage and then have no systems working at all. lol

Thanks,
    Badger1975

2. scunnyemce

scunnyemce Loading ......... Lifetime Gold
    75/94

Console:
    Xbox
  3. jayt180703

jayt180703 i think ive broke it
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    U cannot cross drives anymore you can only replace like for like lets say for example if you put a samsung in a liteon when you get asked for a game or dashboard update you will get error e66 .;)

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

4. scunnyemce

scunnyemce Loading ......... Lifetime Gold
    75/94

Console:
    Xbox
    oh ok

5. Badger1975

Badger1975 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Darn was really hoping for a yes you can but oh well. lol

I was unsure on this since the PS3 you have to have the previous drives chip board to put it on the new drive but was thinking if that was the case here, then there would be a mixup of different brands like laser being one and chip board being something else. Hmmm lol. Thanks for letting me know this.

Maybe there might be another hack that will possibly fix this to allow a different drive to be added.

Hopeful, Hopeful.

Wait, you said J4Y That you will have to update or it will run for awhile until they throw out an update. If that was the case that it would work until another update later then I would do that since I would just not update and not hook up the internet to my 360.

Hmmmm

6. actualmanx

actualmanx Member
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    for the last year i have been using a benq drive replaced for my liteon with no problems or dash updates. i cant remember if i spoofed the benq as a liteon or just did not bother. i dont think i spoofed it just used the key

7. Badger1975

Badger1975 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    So using the key means you used the benq hacked and used it in the 360 that had a Lite-on right?

If so then I will give it a go or if ya did it the other way then I will check into that method and give it a shot.

8. actualmanx

actualmanx Member
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    So using the key means you used the benq hacked and used it in the 360 that had a Lite-on right?

that is correct.

you cant just swap drives because the key has to match the drive and the motherboard the keywould need to be flashed into the replacement drive that also means you would need to get the key from the liteon

9. Badger1975

Badger1975 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    So to get the key though from the Lite-on you would or wouldn't need to use a probe?

From what I been reading on here and other sites, I am still uncertain if the probe is needed only to flash the new firmware into that drive or to get the key also and info off the drive. If I don't need a probe to get the key then I should have no problem to get it here but if the probe is needed then I will just hold on this until down the line here.