Tags:

Xbox Scorpio Price REVEALED: Would You Pay This For Project Scorpio?

Jonny Weston Apr 20, 2017

1. Jonny Weston

Jonny Weston
    Administrator
    XPG Administrator XPG Developer
    25/47

Console:
    Computer
    XBOX SCORPIO should prove popular if it launches with this more affordable price tag.

Xbox Scorpio price details may have been leaked ahead of the holiday 2017 release date.

[​IMG]

Microsoft is expected to announce the Xbox One Scorpio price at E3 2017. However, one retailer may have spilled the beans early.

Spanish retailer XtraLife (via DesiXBL) is advertising the upcoming Xbox Scorpio console with a €399 price tag. That's roughly £335 in the UK, although it's more likely to cost £399 if the advert is accurate.

The price of the Xbox Scorpio is seen as a major potential stumbling block for the new console and there have been conflicting reports about how much it may cost.

Microsoft previously described it as a premium console and said that it would cost more than the Xbox One S.

Xbox boss Phil Spencer also said that it would meet the demands of the higher-end consumer and would therefore have a higher price point.

"It will cost more than S, obviously, that's how we are building it," Spencer said.

"We have not announced the pricing yet, but I want to make sure that the investment we are putting into the product of Scorpio meets the demands of the higher-end consumer and that will be a higher price."

The Xbox Scorpio has also been compared to a luxury PC worth thousands of dollars - although hopefully it won't cost that much.

Microsoft's E3 conference takes place on Sunday, June 11 at 10pm UK time.

The Xbox Scorpio specs were recently revealed in full. The impressive console has a CPU that is 30% faster than that of the original Xbox One, while the GPU is 4.6 times more powerful than its predecssor.

Interestingly, the 8GB of memory - which is up from the 5GB found in the original Xbox One - allows the console to process art assets, making it easier to run 4K resolution visuals at higher speeds.

The full list of Xbox Scorpio specs can be seen below...

• CPU Eight custom x86 cores clocked at 2.3GHz
    • GPU 40 customised compute units at 1172MHz
    • Memory 12GB GDDR5
    • Memory Bandwidth 326GB/s
    • Hard Drive 1TB 2.5-inch
    • Optical Drive 4K UHD Blu-ray
    Source: Express

2. Jaysson

Jaysson Newbie
    5/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    I would buy it only if I got a lot of money for my Xbox one that I traded in

3. hansolo77

hansolo77 Member
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I never bought an Xbox One, so this is a great price if accurate.