Jonny Weston Jul 6, 2017

1. Jonny Weston

Jonny Weston
    Administrator
    XPG Administrator XPG Developer
    10/47

Console:
    Computer
    At least until PC inevitably blows past it...

Microsoft is in full hype train mode on the Xbox One X following the console's worldwide reveal during E3 2017. The console's power and upgrades on existing games have been well documented, but now Microsoft’s Head of Xbox Operations Dave McCarthy is comparing the console with a "premium PC experience."

[​IMG]

In speaking with MCVUK, McCarthy kept the hype train rolling:

The way we look at it, choice feels like the right principle right now. There are consumers that really want to balance price against capabilities. But there will always be customers in your segment of gamers that want the best of the best, and I think that up until now the PC space was really the only place they could go to get that. They now have the ability to get that in the console space.

We’re all about the developer choice there overall. Different developers are going to choose to do different things for different game formats. But the good news is that the Xbox One SDK that everyone writes to will be able to handle that variation. You don’t need a unique version for Xbox One X. It’s just going to know if I’m running a One X, will take advantage of it and going to feel like a premium PC experience overall.

McCarthy is certainly right about the idea of "segment of gamers that want the best of the best," which is something of a mentality that has evolved to become more prominent over the last several years with smartphones. The idea of having a "premium" offering always gives the consumer something to chase, while still utilizing the platform of their choice through the cheaper offerings.

As far as being a "premium PC experience," that's not what you would call a long-term outlook. What the PC Gaming space defines as "premium" changes quickly with iterations and new video cards releasing at a pace that consoles simply can't match at the moment.

Xbox One X releases this Fall on November 7th, 2017.

Source: Game Zone

2. Sg

Sgtcater62 Newbie
    5/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    Pc gets stronger every year? True or false

3. Ri

RichMann Rookie
    10/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I have just learned about the Xbox One X. It sounds incredible, and I would really like to get one for my grandson, But everywhere I've looked, Like Amazon, the pre-orders are sold out. I don't even know how that is possible.
    If anyone can tell me where I can pre order one I would be incredibly grateful.
    Also I have read that it is better not to buy at the initial release, but to wait a little while because there are bound to kinks that they will have to work out.. I would greatly appreciate opinions from experienced gamer's as to whether or not this is true.

Many thanks