Xbox One will turn on faster than your TV while in stand-by mode, says Penello

XPGBuSh Nov 4, 2013

1. XPGBuSh

XPGBuSh XPG'S FIFA KING XPG Retired Staff
    185/188

Console:
    Playstation 4
    [​IMG]

Xbox One will reportedly boot up faster than your TV, according to Microsoft’s director of product planning, Albert Penello.

Penello took to Reddit (via Videogamer) to answer fan questions and explain the power states of the console, saying, “There are basically three states. On, Off and Standby. On is On. Off is Off. Standby allows “Xbox On”, quick resume, checking for updates, etc.”

Penello was also keen to outline how quickly the console will boot-up in stand-by mode, “From standby, it’s likely the Xbox will be on before the TV is completely powered up.”
    There is no information however about the exact time it would take for the process, but I guess that’s something we will find out come launch.

Microsoft also intends for Xbox One to be spend most of its time in stand-by mode, from this mode the console can launch TV or games without using much power, according to Penello, “This is the mode we’d like to see people in, obviously, so you get back to gaming or watching TV really quick.”

Source - VG247

2. DanielQuinn

DanielQuinn The Krafty one!
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Hope it does my xbox 360 loads up slow as sh*t

3. Wallsch

Wallsch Gold Member Gold Subscriber Lifetime Gold
    185/188

Console:
    Computer
    Depends on the TV. Some TV's load faster then others. Usually the bigger the TV the slower the boot up. I got a 24 inch and it boots up in about 2 seconds. Living room is about 60 or something. Takes about 5-10 seconds to boot up. Old standard definition boots up instant. So they have balls saying this.