Xbox One will only capture game footage at 720p

Bullet Aug 6, 2013

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

As some of you may have read already in XPGEvos post about Xbox One DVR its certainly not what a lot of gamers were expecting. Its no wonder that Microsoft will support external game capture devices with an adapter.
    For those too lazy to go read Evos post, what im referring to is the limited 5 minutes capture time on the next gen consoles on-board DVR, and the not so sharp 720p, 30 frames per second.

[​IMG]

Marc Whitten said:
    One of the many uses for Microsoft's vaunted 300,000 Xbox Live servers for the Xbox One is to power the Game DVR, which lets you record, edit and re-visit your many exploits. Platform chief Marc Whitten told a panel that the resolution will be limited to 720/30p video, even if the game itself is higher resolution (Forza Motorsport 5 is 1080/60p, for instance). The console will automatically record the last five minutes of your gameplay, and can even save the last 30 seconds of action on command without interrupting play. Whitten added that all of that footage would be stored in the cloud, letting you edit and share content via Upload Studio. Games will create "magic moment" videos from such footage, which you can view from the Xbox OneGuide, your personal DVR collection and the gamer cards of other players.

Well there you have it XPG , for those of you looking to create anything other than a dodgey looking 5 minute video, be prepared to spend yet more more on a separate capture unit and adapter.
    So whats are you`re thoughts guys, are you happy with the internal DVR or will you need something more?

2. arabbit

arabbit Newbie
    155/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    its all good and that but i have fear xbox one will have an effect on ppl using this site :/, there is going to be more chance getting caught modding and using a gamesave in this leastest machine thats why im sticking to xbox 360 to keep xpg ALIVE! :)

3. Last1Standing

Last1Standing XPG Addict Gold Subscriber
    155/188

Console:
    Xbox
    Just invest the money to an updated PC now ladies and gents. Don't bendover for this the more people going to PC the deves are going to create exclusives.

Sent from my LG-C800 using Tapatalk 2

4. raisinbrand

raisinbrand Member
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    i do have a pc that is capable of doing all that but still it's the community that brings me back to the box...

5. Kombat

Kombat The Best You Will Find
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Only............720p is good enough.

6. GamrInsanity

GamrInsanity FanBoyFeed
    155/188

Console:
    Xbox
    Trust me on this statement. Uploading 1080p is great and all... but 720p is much better when it comes to filesize. you don't need to use 1080p unless you have the bandwidth to support the huge upload.