Microsoft rolled out a System update today for the Xbox One that fixed some of the issues we have been reporting on about slow loading notifications, SmartGlass, multiplayer, wireless, and dashboard performance.
Xbox One system update Changelog:
We are assured by Major Nelson that there are plenty more updates to come, hopefully we see one that fixes problems such as no battery indicator for the controller, how much space we have used on the HDD or even support for external storage devices. Those are all pretty important missing features, and with PS4 storming ahead in console sales and poll's, Microsoft need to pull something out of the bag.
- Addresses SmartGlass issues for some users when coming in and out of connected standby
- Addresses multiplayer issues for some users when re-joining games
- Addresses issues with inconsistent notifications for some users
- Addresses dashboard performance for some users
- Offers improvements for Xbox Oneâ€™s TV, system update, and content update services for scaling over time
- Updated wireless networking driver to improve connectivity issues for some users