Xbox One Reputation System will filter Cheaters and Griefers

Rocky Aug 1, 2013

1. Ro

Rocky Guest

Xbox One's Reputation system will rely on user feedback in order to categorise gamers based on their behavior online.

[​IMG]

In a post explaining the new Reputation system, Xbox Live program manager Micheal Dunn says the new process will move away from the current survey-based system.

Users will be able to "block" or "mute" players, and a user's score will be based on the frequency with which they are ignored by other players.

According to Dunn, "the new model will take all of the feedback from a player's online flow, put it in the system with a crazy algorithm we created and validated with an MSR PhD to make sure things are fair for everyone."

A user's reputation score will decide which of three possible categories they fit into. Green signals a good player, yellow signals that the player "needs improvement", while red signals that the player should be avoided. Users will be notified if they're at risk of falling into the latter two categories.

"The algorithm is sophisticated and won't penalize you for a few bad reports," Dunn assures.

"Even good players might receive a few player feedback reports each month and that is OK. The algorithm weighs the data collected so if a dozen people suddenly report a single user, the system will look at a variety of factors before docking their reputation."

The reputation system will replace the current five-star system in use on the Xbox 360. It was first announced in July.

Source - CVG

2. AD

ADDZ Guest

I'm screwed then!

Had so many "legit" accounts banned on my I thought they started watching for my new one lol

3. Bu

Bullet Guest

You and me both, at one time everytime i made an account a couple days later it was banned

4. Retrosaur

Retrosaur Banned BANNED
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Well i'm getting a gaming PC, so I don't have to worry about other users mis-using rep just because they lose on a game.

5. AD

ADDZ Guest

I seen some of your gamer tags though and don't blame them lol

6. Bu

Bullet Guest

I only have one thing to say to you ....

PokeyBumWank

7. AD

ADDZ Guest

That was one of my cleaner ones bro lol

8. Outlaw999

Outlaw999 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I don't like this new feature.