Xbox One Outsold PS4 Last 2 Weeks

Bullet Nov 13, 2014

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

It would seem that Microsoft's latest marketing strategy is paying off. Thanks to the recent price drops and awesome bundles the Xbox One sales have picked up and the console has outsold the PS4 for the past couple of weeks. Bundles such as Assassin’s Creed Unity, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, and Sunset Overdrive coupled with a $50 off any game deal on a console starting as low as $349 in the US, makes the Xbox One very attractive this holiday season.

Halo: The Master Chief Collection has had a positive impact on sales along with the release of Sunset Overdrive which has been named game of the month by IGN for December.

"The response to this wave of blockbuster game releases and new bundles has been amazing, and sales have skyrocketed since the new price took effect on Nov. 2." says Microsoft executive on a recent blog post. "Compared to the previous week, Xbox One sales in the US have more than tripled, which is exciting as more and more friends will be playing together this holiday."

"As we head into the busy holiday season, Xbox One led generation eight console sales in the US for the past two weeks," Yusuf Mehdi added. "Shortly, we will have sold in to retailers more than 10 million Xbox One consoles."

It would appear that things are looking up for the Xbox One largely due to the fact that it is almost $50 cheaper than the PS4 heading into the holiday season. Halo 5: Guardians will also boost sales of the previously flagging console.

Given a choice, which console would you buy? The cheaper Xbox One or would you sooner pay more and buy a PS4?
    Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  2. s1m0n

s1m0n XPG Supporter
    35/47

Console:
    Xbox
    i own both so doesnt matter on choice but i would say x1 is my console of choice. I see alot of fanboys on ig etc saying its only sold to retailers but thats all sony release figure wise ... sold to retailers. You cant get an accurate figure of true sales to customers as you would need every retailer to send data on sales and it would be way too much of a task.

at the end of the day the competition is good and prices will keep lowish.