Xbox One E101 Fix

XPG0 Dec 20, 2015

1. XPG0

XPG0 Member
    10/47

Console:
    Playstation 4
    Purchased an Xbox one console from ebay for £100. It claimed it was stuck in updating so being sold for parts.

Got the Xbone in the mail and tryed to plug it in and update. It keeps getting stuck on 15% after many power cycles and attempts on wireless and wired network.

Discovered the "Offline Update Diagnostic Tool" from Xbox.com. I attempted to use the "OSUDT1", "OSUDT2", and "Factory Reset" options. Only the "Factory Reset" option will work and the other two bring up an E101 error which can apparently only be solved by sending in my console to Microhard.

Sending in the console is a no go for me

I took apart the console to check everything out and pluged the hard drive in to my computer

I backed up all the partitions to my computer but some of the files in the "System Update" partition could not be copied because they were corrupted or need computer administrator privileges from what I assume is the Xbox One. The problem files were inside the "A" folder of the "System Update" partition and the "updater" file.

I checked the files from the OSUDT1 downloaded and saw they matched the "A" folder files and the "updater" file inside the "System Update" partition. I tried to delete the "A" folder files and "updater" file but they could not be deleted because they were corrupt or needed higher privileges.

I formatted the "System Update" partition using NTFS and default allocation size to get rid of all the files.

I copied the "A" and "B" folders back into the partition and replaced the "A" folder files with the files from the "OSUDT1" folder. I took the "updater" file from the "OSUDT1" folder and placed it in the "System Update" partition next to the "A" and "B" folders.

I undocked the hard drive and reassembled my xbox one and plugged it along with a wired network connection to attempt the update. SUCCESS! The update reached 15% at which point I thought it would say problem updating again but it continued on and eventually finished and restarted to the dashboard.

2. Go

Golden9999 Rookie
    10/47

Console:
    Xbox
    How would this work with using a USB if I can't take apart the Xbox One?
    I just recently got this error from being apart of the preview program and when I turn my xbox one on it is stuck at 0% applying update. Sometimes it moves to 3% or 5% then goes to something went wrong and have to start over back at 0%.

3. XPG0

XPG0 Member
    45/47

Console:
    Playstation 4
    Try The Offline Update Diagnostic Tool If Thats A No Go Then You Only Have 2 Optins Left From Here You Can Send It In For A Repair

I Would Only Send It In For A Repair If You Still Have (warranty) On The Console OtherWise It Will Cost You A Bit Of Cash For Them To Fix It

Or Do It Your Self

4. Go

Golden9999 Rookie
    10/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Ok thanks I sent my Xbox One in and they banned my profile due to tampering, apparently bricking a console results in a temporary ban. FML

User Account Tampering

4/26/2016 11:01:29 PM (UTC)

Enforcement Detail :- This account engaged in unauthorized account modification or tampering. This activity may include the modification of an account's avatar, Xbox Live tenure, game data, Gamerscore, or other account data through the use of unauthorized software, or providing this account to someone with such software. Temporary suspension impact: On Xbox 360, this account cannot sign in to Xbox Live for the duration of the suspension. On Xbox One and Xbox on Windows, this account cannot play online multiplayer, use communications features, or make purchases for the duration of the suspension. Permanent suspension impact: This account can no longer sign in to Xbox Live from any device. This enforcement affects the account's Xbox Live privileges until 05/10/2016 11:01:29 PM (UTC)

I never used a xbox 360, I only have a Xbox One.