Xbox One Crossed With a PS4 Is A PlayBox4One

Bullet Jan 14, 2015

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

What do you get if you cross an Xbox One with a PS4, give up? Simple you get a PlayBox 4One. That is of course if you are just made enough to attempt fitting an Xbox One and a PS4 into one single Laptop case just like Eddie Zarick has done.

Eddie is no stranger to putting games consoles into laptop cases, he is the creator of the Xbox Duo, Xbook One and the Playbook 4.
    Zarick specializes in creating custom portable gaming systems, we first noticed him when he created the Xbox Duo which is a hybrid both an Xbox One and an Xbox 360 consoles modded into one convenient laptop.

The new (and probably last) says Eddie portable console is the PlayBox Laptop which as the title suggests is comprised of a Playstation 4 and an Xbox One both contained within a single custom built laptop case.

Both console motherboards have been strategically placed to fit inside the laptop case as you can see from the image below, its a tight fit but according to the creator there are no issues with heating. That's largely due to the fact that both consoles can not be powered up at the same time.

[​IMG]

The PlayBox has a 22" Vizio Screen and only needs one power cord to power both the consoles inside. The PS4 is placed on the left hand side of the unit, and the XBOX ONE is on the right side. Switching between the two units inside the laptop case simply requires the flip of a switch on the back of the unit. A smart HDMI switcher automatically selects the active input which means you simply plug and play this Hybrid console.

Eddie states on his blog that this was a prototype unit made for a customer and is not for sale. Additional units may be built in the future, but due to the high cost and complexity of the process, it will be substantially more than normal XBOOKs or PLAYBOOKs.

http://youtu.be/fdKmiKKNv44

What do you think of this madhat laptops, is it something you would buy or do you think they are ridiculous? Whatever you think we would love to hear from you, so drop a comment in the section below.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  2. jgeter

jgeter Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    I would defiantly buy one of these with no hesitation

3. Bu

Bullet Guest

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jgeter" data-time="1421265537">
    <div>
    I would defiantly buy one of these with no hesitation
    </div>
    </blockquote>

You should see the Advanced Warfare Xbook : <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.xpgamesaves.com/videos/view-2375-xbook-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-edition/'>http://www.xpgamesaves.com/videos/view-2375-xbook-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-edition/</a>

4. XPG Peas

XPG Peas Graphic Designer
    25/47

Console:
    Other
    Ahhhh it seems alright , but it doesn't have the style that the consoles have :/

5. Br

BryanColt Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    if it works i would defintly get one

6. jgeter

jgeter Newbie
    5/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="XPG Peas" data-time="1421276587">
    <div>
    Ahhhh it seems alright , but it doesn't have the style that the consoles have :/
    </div>
    </blockquote>
    For me it not about the style it's more about the ability to play anywhere. I like that it's portable