An update has been released by Microsoft to address slow start up times on the Xbox One controller. The update is available now to Xbox Preview program members and will roll out to everybody else within the next month.
Currently the Xbox One controllers take roughly five seconds to connect to the console from power on, but Microsoft aims to reduce that time down to around two seconds with this latest update.
This update also includes "a number of fixes that address issues submitted by customers and preview participants". Microsoft has released any information on what exactly those issues were.
Here is a tutorial on updating an Xbox One controller firmware.
How To Update Xbox One Controller Firmware:
- Connect a controller to your Xbox One with a USB cable. Keep any headsets connected to the controller.
- Connect to Xbox Live.
- Press the Menu
- Go to Settings > Devices & accessories. Select the controller.
- If you have multiple controllers attached, you can select Buzz â€“ which will cause the selected controller to vibrate.
- Then select Update to download the new firmware to the controller attached via the USB cable, and the screen will show the Updating controller â€¦ progress screen
- When you see the Controller updated screen, press â€˜Bâ€™ to go back to the Devices & accessories main page
- Reselect the controller, the Firmware version, should now be: 1.2.2236.0