Xbox One Beats PS4 On Black Friday Sales

Bullet Nov 30, 2014

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

Black Friday has not only been great for consumers looking for discounted games consoles, it has also been good for the companies selling them, one in particular has done really well though with over 62% of sales. Microsoft have dominated this Black Friday with the Xbox One at the top of the console sales leaderboard according to Infoscout.

[​IMG]

The Xbox One took the lead with 53% of console sales, followed by the PS4 with 31% of, and in third place the Xbox 360 with 9%, which means overall Microsoft had two of the top three sales positions and accounted for 62% of all console sales. Fourth and fifth positions were taken by the Wii U and PS3 respectively.

The Xbox One price was slashed to a mere $330 at numerous superstores such as Walmart, plus the consoles were also bundled with games like Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag and Unity. Microsoft undercut Sony by almost $70, the PS4 was selling at $400 and was also bundled with games such as The Last Of Us and GTA V.

These sales reflect well on the Xbox team, led by Phil Spencer and the amazing job they have done cleaning up the mess left behind by Don Merrick. The console was originally bundled with a mandatory Kinect which pushed the price up a $100 more expensive than its competitor the PS4.

Spencer has cut loose the voice controller bringing the price down to match that and even undercut the PS4, coupled with the monthly updates which have ironed out the initial issues the console had, this has all made the Xbox One a lot more appealing to gamers.

Its a shame Phil Spencer was not at the helm from the start of the Xbox One, there is no doubt that the Xbox One would of been ahead from the start, rather than taking almost 12 months of blood and sweat to pull it back.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  2. mOnolith

mOnolith Rookie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Ill be glad when all this "what/which is better" business is over and done with...its getting realllly boring....i like games..whatever the system that runs them...

3. Br

BryanColt Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    thing is i'll buy xbox one and ps4 i dont care wich one is better some titles will be only ps4 and some only xbox one

4. mOnolith

mOnolith Rookie
    20/47

Console:
    Xbox
    <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BryanColt" data-time="1417442772">
    <div>
    thing is i'll buy xbox one and ps4 i dont care wich one is better some titles will be only ps4 and some only xbox one
    </div>
    </blockquote>
    Exactly....