Xbox Live Suffering Outages After PSN downtime

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Bullet, May 16, 2015.

Xbox Live Suffering Outages After PSN downtime

Bullet May 16, 2015

1. Bullet

Bullet XPG Original Founder EST 2000 XPG Administrator XPG Founder
    55/94

Console:
    Xbox
    Last night the Playstation Network suffered several hours of downtime which appears ot be due to DDoS attacks on the online gaming network. Sony states that all services have returned, as of 3:00am EST.

Xbox Live now also appears to be suffering limited services which would suggest the rumours of DDoS attacks could be true.
    So far services have been disrupted for PS4, PS3, Vita, and Xbox 360 owners.

[​IMG]

The Lizard Squad, hacking group responsible for the Christmas DDos attacks on both Xbox Live and PSN are are taking credit for the recent downtime.

[​IMG]

https://twitter.com/LizardTrials/status/599373832550420480

Its looking like more than a coincidence that both gaming networks have been suffering downtime. This could mean a rough time for gamers for the forseeable future.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
    1. Yumiyashi
      Yumiyashi
      Meh, time to use my RGH offline. :p

Lol, just fried my Xbone anyway soooo...
    2. Bullet
      Bullet
      <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Yumiyashi" data-time="1431836840">
      <div>
      Meh, time to use my RGH offline. :p

Lol, just fried my Xbone anyway soooo...
      </div>
      </blockquote>

How the heck did you fry your XB1?
    3. jochemdu
      jochemdu
      <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Bullet" data-time="1431875719">
      <div>
      How the heck did you fry your XB1?
      </div>
      </blockquote>
      Probably heating issues. A friend of mine has to put a fan on top of his XB1, otherwise is melts down in 30 minutes...
      I think its due a confined space.
    4. sithlord281
      sithlord281
      <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Jochem" data-time="1431876912">
      <div>
      Probably heating issues. A friend of mine has to put a fan on top of his XB1, otherwise is melts down in 30 minutes...
      I think its due a confined space.
      </div>
      </blockquote>
      i played mine for longer than that and no melting
    5. XxStarzxX
    6. dj
      djcdc
      Lizardsquad is a bunch of punks. If I met one of them I'd<br>Punch them in the face. No respect for anyone. Its ok though, with that kind of arrogance they will get busted eventually.
    7. Darth Vader
      Darth Vader
      skids man ddos isent hacking man! wanna bes