Tags:

Xbox Boss "Really Happy" With How Project Scorpio Is Coming Together

Jonny Weston Jan 23, 2017

1. Jo

Jonny Weston Guest

2017 is poised to be a big year for Microsoft and the Xbox brand. This holiday, the company will launch the mega-powerful Xbox console, Project Scorpio. Now, Xbox boss Phil Spencer has provided something of an update about how development is coming along for the system.

Responding to someone on Twitter who asked if Microsoft could show a sneak peek at the system, Spencer said, "Really wish I could, design team is doing their 'thing' again." Though he can't show anything or talk more specifically about it, Spencer said he is "really happy with what they've been able to do."

[​IMG]

Spencer's comments this week follow what he said earlier this month, when he spoke out to say he is "absolutely" happy with what he's seeing so far. He added, "great that our first-party teams are getting engines up and tuned, great progress across studios, platform, and [hardware]."

At the time, Spencer also said he is unsure if Microsoft will show off Project Scorpio before E3 in June.

Microsoft has time and again referred to Project Scorpio as the "most powerful console ever made," so a premium price point is expected. Officially, pricing has not been announced. The console goes on sale in holiday 2017, though a specific release date has not been announced.

In other Scorpio news, Halo boss Frank O'Connor recently said that, while he's unsure of Project Scorpio's specifics specs, they are "beefier" than what he expected.

Source: Game Spot

2. Br

BrianThompson Newbie
    5/47

I'd read somewhere, and this would be fantastic if true, that Project Scorpio is built or will be built on a modular design. A game comes out that needs more graphics power, you buy a GPU module and remove the old, snap in the new. It'd be a great strategy so long as the motherboard or mainboard of the console is forward compatible enough. They also need to allow use to upgrade the storage capacity ourselves. Put a 2gb or whatever required size SSD onboard for the OS and let us choose the capacity we want. I've got a 2tb and the internal TB of my XB1S full already. I prefer digital games, though its a risk for the future, but I can simply go into the bedroom and sign in there and there's my games and saves.

I'm really excited about scorpio... lets just hope it's not the beast of a size the XB1 is.