Xbox 720 Always On Not That Strict

Bullet Apr 26, 2013

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

As we all now know, Microsoft is gearing up to reveal the next Xbox on May 21st, but some details about the Next Xbox are already be out of the bag. Paul Thurrott ( Windows IT Pro senior technical analyst ) has today reported details about the new system, including release date, price, and a suggestion that the system's required Internet connectivity won't be that big of a deal.

Pual Thurrott detailed what he knows about the next Xbox, including a launch window (early November 13) along with price points. Repeating what he had said earlier this month, Thurrott described a two-tiered pricing plan, where customers could purchase the next Xbox for $500, or $300 with a two-year Xbox Live Gold subscription at a monthly price of $10.
    The writer also talked about the system's functionality, saying it will be based on the core version of Windows 8, include a Blu-ray drive, and as rumored, will require an Internet connection. However, Thurrott said the particulars of how Microsoft will implement that mean the requirement "isn't as Draconian as many seem to believe."
    Finally, Thurrott said Microsoft has backed off plans for a stripped-down, streaming entertainment-focused version of the hardware. Instead, it will release a new, less expensive iteration of the Xbox 360 this year.
    Thurrott has proven accurate with his Microsoft reporting in the past, most recently with the news that the system reveal event will take place May 21.

This post has been promoted to an article

2. XPG Darkside

XPG Darkside Eating cake.... Gold Subscriber Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Eating cake.
    Console:
    Xbox One
    :LOL: B your a :ninja: I posted most of this info yesterday ya noob :p

3. Wallsch

Wallsch Gold Member Gold Subscriber Lifetime Gold
    185/188

Console:
    Computer
    If the machine is going to be always online how can they make that so it's less hazardous. I don't see how you can do it without it being very very bad...

4. jayt180703

jayt180703 i think ive broke it
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    i dont get it always on ?? what about people with no internet not going to be always on then is it !!! lool.