Wireless Controller on PC

EyesOnly Aug 29, 2010

1. EyesOnly

EyesOnly Uploading Now... Gold Subscriber
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I wanted to know if you can use a Xbox 360 Wireless Controller on PC buy using a Play and Charge Kit to plug into USB port. I know you can buy wireless recivers for pc but i dont really wanna spend money on it or i would just buy a PC Gaming Controller.

Or can you only use Wired Xbox 360 Controller by USB port.
    thanks for any reply or help.

2. splatsters

splatsters PS3 Section Mod Gold Subscriber
    155/188

Console:
    Xbox
    First of all you want to download the software from Microsoft which will allow you to use your wired Xbox 360 controller to play PC games. You can find it at Microsoft Downloads.

Just fill in the relevant details, download the file and install it on your PC.

Some versions of Windows will automatically detect the controller when you plug it in and prompt you to update your system with the relevant drivers. You can try this first if you don’t want to download the software separately.

Once the software is installed you can plug your Xbox 360 controller into your USB port on your computer. To ensure it is working correctly select Game Controllers in the Control Panel in Windows.

Not all games support the controller; you can check the game manual to see whether your game does.

Using Your Wireless Xbox 360 Controller on Your PC

You can also use your wireless Xbox 360 controller to play PC games but in order to do this you will need to purchase the wireless gaming receiver. You can purchase it from Amazon here.

Downloading Profiles for Easy Configuration

Since the controller isn’t supported by all games and setting up configurations for different games can be tricky you can also download configurations set up by other people which will save you the hassle. Some of these can be found for free. For example if you want to play World of Warcraft using your Xbox 360 controller then try out the free Switchblade software from developer Blue Orb.

Alternatively if you are willing to shell out a little more cash you could opt for the Pinnacle Game Profiler. This software comes with a number of configurations for top titles which you can download and makes setting up your Xbox 360 controller to play your PC games nice and easy. It currently costs $19.95.

So if you are struggling with mouse and keyboard controls why not try one of these solutions and use your Xbox 360 controller instead?

Read more: http://www.brighthub.com/video-games/pc/articles/11612.aspx#ixzz0xwfkwajH

3. xTG_IrOnZzZ

xTG_IrOnZzZ Banned BANNED
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    No you can't Play and charge kit only charges and nothing else tried it and failed you could buy xbox pc controller or a wired 3rd party controller

4. splatsters

splatsters PS3 Section Mod Gold Subscriber
    155/188

Console:
    Xbox
    Step 1: Install the Xbox 360 Controller for Windows software
    Use the installation CD that came with your Xbox 360 Controller for Windows, before you connect the Xbox 360 Controller for Windows to your computer. Here's how:
    1. Insert the installation disc in the CD or DVD drive of your computer.

If the setup program does automatically start, change to your CD or DVD drive and run the setup program.
    2. On the setup screen, click Install.
    3. The Xbox 360 Accessories Setup program installs the necessary files to your computer.

Note You might be prompted to restart the computer.
    Download the Xbox 360 Controller for Windows software
    If you do not have an installation disc for your Xbox 360 Controller for Windows, you can download and install the software by following these steps:
    1. Go to the Download Software section of the Microsoft Hardware page:
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/download/download.aspx?category=Gaming&type=Gaming
    2. Select Controller as the product type.
    3. Select Xbox 360 Controller for Windows as the product.
    4. Select the version of Microsoft Windows you are using on your computer and the operating system language.
    5. Click Go.
    6. Click the setup link.
    7. Click Run.
    The Xbox 360 Accessories Setup program installs the necessary files to your computer. You might be prompted to restart the computer.
    Back to the top

Step 2: Connect the controller to your computer
    After you install the software, plug the USB connection on your Xbox 360 Wired Controller into a USB 2.0 port on your computer.
    Back to the top

Step 3: Test the controller
    To test your Xbox 360 Wired Controller on your computer, follow these steps:
    1. On your computer, click Start, type joy.cpl, and then press ENTER.
    2. Select Xbox 360 Controller, and then click Properties.
    3. Test your Xbox 360 Wired Controller by pressing a button, pulling a trigger, or moving a stick on the controller.
    Refer to your game documentation for information about how to configure the controller for a specific game.
    Back to the top

Additional support
    Please visit the following Web site for information about how to contact Xbox support:
    http://www.xbox.com/support/contact

5. TH

THEGAME Guest

brill there splats thats awsome tut and now i can play wireless hate wired :bow:

6. EyesOnly

EyesOnly Uploading Now... Gold Subscriber
    165/188

Console:
    Xbox
    Thanks for all the replies and help but all the suggestions are good but not what I'm looking for. I did a bit more research and xTG_IrOnZzZ is right you can use play and charge.
    There was a guy on xbox scene who said he hex edited the drivers changing something from a 0 to 1 to make it work, but he never replied back so I think it was a fake I just have to see if I have a spare wired xbox 360 controller laying around somewhere.

Thanks again for all the help.