whats the best kernel for a dev nand

t3fury Aug 28, 2013

1. t3

t3fury Guest

i'm only asking because i've read some people have been have had problem with 16202 so which should i use or does it even matter

cheers t3

2. begallegal1

begallegal1 Medicine Man Lifetime Gold TeamXPG
    105/188

Console:
    Xbox
    16202 works fine, and is required for any game that is new in the last couple months ,however there are a few select XBLA games that will not work due to the partially broken avatar functions (keep in mind you need to install the avatar update while still on freeboot kernel to match whatever dev kernel you use) EX: if using 16202RGloader you need to install the avatar update on a 16202 freeboot nand before flashing the RGLoader nand, if using 15574RGloader the same 15574 freeboot first,avatar update,then flash RG.

if you need to ensure those XBLA titles work, do like I do and have a freeboot and rgloader nand setup and ready to flash from 15574 - 16202 all in your flashers folder , it makes a quick switch in less than 5 minutes ;)

3. t3

t3fury Guest

well i have a jtag on 16202 running fsd (which will be the dev) and a rgh which i use as my main also on 16202 running fsd. all on my avatars show up when i login so i think the avatar data is installed so i should be ready to flash a Dev nand ?

sorry if anything of what i said makes no sense i haven't slept yet lol

4. begallegal1

235/282

Console:
    Xbox
    yep your ready to flash it then ;)

one note for a new Dev Kernel user.... DO NOT TRY TO INSTALL DASHLAUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. t3

t3fury Guest

ill uninstall it before i flash it to dev cheers m8 ;)

6. begallegal1

235/282

Console:
    Xbox
    na you dont have to do that , it gets overwritten with the flash , and you'll want it to be in your last backup in case you want to flash back , I just thought i'd mention that because it's not really documented anywhere but it will brick your box if you install dashlaunch on dev kernel ,,and you'd need a nand-x or other spi flasher to bring it back to life ;)

7. t3

t3fury Guest

I have a backup from dash 13599 should i just update that one to 16202 dev image and then flash or would i then need to install avatar data again

8. begallegal1

235/282

Console:
    Xbox
    Make the dev image with your current 16202 ;)

9. Renegade

Renegade Super Special Awesome XPG Developer
    105/188

Console:
    Xbox
    Yeah you could just put it in the NAND builder of RGBuild and make a 16202 image. It might throw a CB error though, if so; make a 15574 - 16202 freeBOOT image and then use that for the 16202 build.

Avatars will not work on 16202 period. The RGL version was leaked before Tye and the other had finished it.

10. t3

t3fury Guest

cheers m8 working great i really thought i was goin to brick it lol ill try not to hassle you now ;)

sorry didn't see this post but thanks for your input ;)