well that didnt take long.. unsigned code on the PS VITA!

imcool875 Dec 19, 2011

1. imcool875

imcool875 Gold Member Gold Subscriber
    55/94

Console:
    Xbox
    while lookin around on the net i came across this.. like the title says, that didnt take long!
    [​IMG]

here is original post straight from the site:

Hello World on PlayStation Vita has been tested and confirm to be running . The translation was not able to tell me how the developer got Hello World on PlayStation Vita . But I believe should be the same way as it was run on the PSP . But who knows , But this is good news for the PS Vita Homebrew community who are hoping for a HEN or CFW for the PS Vita .
    In time we will find out how the PS Vita will exploited and how developers make the PS Vita run homebrews and or unofficial application on the PS Vita . So guys get ready for a whole new experience for you once the PS Vita has been fully exploited .

“Technically, the idea behind the hack is simple but brilliant: the PS Vita has a PSP emulator, and we have plenty of PSP game exploits lying around… can we assume they will work on the emulator? That’s what teck4 tried, and the answer is yes, so he managed to run unsigned code on the PS Vita.”​
    Below you will find the information from gamegaz.com where the information was first posted for the PlayStaion Vita Community .
    Translated from to English

The title of the PSP PlayStation Vita (only available for PSN) is to launch the strength of the Vita. What worries me is the save game exploit work? Of the PSP, PS Vita me to try to work immediately on Mr. teck4 owns a PSP save game exploit unpublished.
    The result was of course also take over the vulnerability of the PSP. Hello World at PS Vita (own code) can be performed.
    PS Vita PSP at the first place only because it is emulation, emulator running on the fact that just because we can run your own code does not change much. So while hacking into the system are reproduced in an environment that is running on the PSP will own code.
    Half-start at the maximum of the PSP Homebrew Byte Loader (reproduction of) is enough.
    Some might suspect that I’ll not do FAKE, exploit teck4 his unpublished exploit is genuine.
    PSN version save game exploit with other titles, so there are some that may be realized in the start of the PSP Homebrew PS Vita Once you have established how to start the HBL, the saved data is Sony ” Administrative Assistant for PlayStation content “must be transferred to the PS Vita, and further to transfer the state must now transfer the save data folder into the Hello World binaries that only the saved data . Will be transferred into the data folder in the save if the body can then be started with Vita HBL.
    And that is a big possibility that such measures are easily crushed to prevent unwanted save game file transfer for applications that work under the control of Sony.
    In addition, PS Vita Min Gol exploit so far as such details as if it had been like the PSP PS Vita measures also seem to emulate the PSP.
    Those who try to exploit in the PSP PS Vita looking for if not, carefully examine whether the game supports PS Vita first. Everybody’s clean trial and trial period Patapon 2 demo is so handy that non-PS Vita not come again in the first place.
    Incidentally, I’m looking forward to the future from those who were successful on the PS Vita Hello World, will tell for sure.
    That only the listed vulnerabilities have been reproduced PSP Hello World is displayed, the display is reproduced even if just how far the system area of ​​Vita 踏Mi込Meru potential from here is almost zero. That is not even the first step in hacking it.​
    Here is what Wololo.net had to say about this Hello world on the PS Vita

Japanese PSP scener Mamosuke announced today on his blog that he was able to confirm a “Hello World” running on the PS Vita through the embedded PSP emulator. The exploit was made by developer teck4, and most likely relies on one of our good buffer overflow friends. and for those who are wondering “is it real?”, my current answer is that I haven’t tried it yet, but knowing Mamosuke fairly well I can tell you it’s true.
    Technically, the idea behind the hack is simple but brilliant: the PS Vita has a PSP emulator, and we have plenty of PSP game exploits lying around… can we assume they will work on the emulator? That’s what teck4 tried, and the answer is yes, so he managed to run unsigned code on the PS Vita.​