ViperX420's Diablo 3 Adding Extra Stats On Items 101

ViperX420 Oct 19, 2013

1. ViperX420

ViperX420 PS3 Dev XPG Developer
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    i love how people assume modding is as simple as adding code to the process sorry to burst your bubble but it does not work that way. when you try to simply add data like that it increases the file size of the save file and as soon as you do that it ends up corrupting the save so what i do instead is trick the game into adding extra bytes for me so then i can add stats along the way.

2. squall987

squall987 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    Dude, don't insult me i'm not a programmer; I didn't make an assumption, I asked you a question since you seem to be the most knowledgeable person in regards to modding the save files.

Why does the game care how big the file is? Where is the code that says the file should only be so big? I've looked at more than one character save and they are all different sizes. Could we in theory just edit the file that checks the offset locations to tell it that the string is longer so we could just add it in? It must do it somehow if your method does that through gameplay. I just want to skip starting and stopping the game over and over... Where is the code that tells it what memory offsets equal what?

Also, you didn't address all my questions. If you do not have answers to them, please tell me so I can inquire elsewhere.

3. ViperX420

0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    its just not possible you have to do it the long way once 1 32 stat item has been created then you can use that item as a template to make other items faster til then you're stuck doing it the long way or obtaining one from a save file i have uploaded or from someone else you may know or don't know from the site even.

Q: Can I not just insert more 1D stat strings into this code to add more stats? If not, why not? And what is all the extra code at the end?

A: no you can't just insert more 1D string's you need to use durability method like suggested.

Q: what is all this code behind the item?
    30 09 38 ED 3F 40 00 50 12 60 FF 7F 6A 21 0A 08 08 01 10 E2 84 CC EB 07 12 15 08 F7 C0 A9 C7 0D 12

A: it all depends on the type of item you are modding from what i see here this is what i see.
    30 09 identified legendary or set?
    38 ED 3F = Min Durability
    40 00 = Amount of item (since its an equipable item this will always be 00)
    50 12 = Legendary Item
    60 FF 7F... = Max Durability
    6A 21 0A 08 08 01 10 E2 84 CC EB 07 12 15 08 F7 C0 A9 C7 0D 12 = Not Sure what all this means 100% but i know it has to do with telling the game the code ends here and a new item can start after this.
    07 08 04 = Beginning of new item.

that's everything explained i know you showed more code but its basically all the same code you just need to know what equals what and what not to touch.

4. ma

marcus55 Member
    25/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    hey viper have u came across that 6 million damage sword that's been floating around the ps3

5. xSpyro

xSpyro Team XPG
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I need help with modding this game for the 360. Can't seem to figure it out.'please pm me or walk me through this.

6. ViperX420

0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
  7. xSpyro

xSpyro Team XPG
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I've looked at ALL your threads. I still can't figure it out. Don't know how I can an .hro file

8. Le

Lestat420 Newbie
    0/47

yeah i read the post saying you trick the game to adding extra bytes to the item gradually to increase the stats applied up to 32. one thing i've noticed from this forum and on pureglitching is you don't have lvl 1 greys item codes that have no stats on it as a base for use immediately. like worn knuckles for the monk. it seems it has to be rare,set, or legendary to mod stats, which require higher lvls for use unless you use lvl reduce req stat and waste an item stat spot. no greys or blues. what gives. i know you're still looking for the "white" items but the basics need lookup too. if i just look for the durabilty code 30 xx xx i guess for greys is the 15 xx xx xx before that. but then should i do steps 1-3 to start adding stats to the grey item untill the desired amounts? or does it have to be forementioned item type? I'm going to try it out and see. but still is a pain to go back and forth 96 times to get what i want. - Lestat420

15 1E 96 AE 98 = white raven bow i got from a modded weapon and item save from another person which i wish i could thank and credit to because hex only has 32 .27 atk per sec stat applied yet on game, has 3 sockets 8000-12000 poison high str,dex,vit,int stats, 54% crit hit chance, 26% + damage with 3 marquise emeralds for 300% crit damage, ravens flock to side. it shows yellow like a rare but is called white. without the 26% + damage calculates as 29000 damage alone which Ive never seen a reg weapon beyond 2000 legit except the azurewrath. someone just ubered the hell out of a reg weapon without interfering with the 32 stat slots and called it white. the azurewrath you made viper in your mod save does more damage and increases movement speed ten fold but just base properties without the 32 stat changes is simply amazing. i need to find the file on my laptop and see whose the creator. with that in place give credit to him to let you use the white item ids on this forum and your site on pureglitching. unless you already found it because he had boots, leggings, seal ring with just 8.00 atks per sec on it, helmets, amulets, the works. whoever done it thx in advance and I will patch the name. maybe an author on this site did on the mega cheats thread.

PoundofLife , XxCOD5DEVILxX , Lt.Saw , chaoszage

aldo NGU the save was also on nextgen as well. peace!

9. ViperX420

0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3