ViperX420's CKY D3 Vanilla Editor Tutorials

ViperX420 Oct 26, 2013

1. datteel

datteel Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    Yo Viper! How's it going man?

You taught me how to do all kinds of stuff in the D3 vanilla, glad you're still at it.

Anyways. To Viper, or anyone else who may know a work around.

I've been toying with the D3Save Editor and I've made progress with it. However, an issue I keep running into is armor value on items. Sometimes, level 70 legendary items will roll really low armor(below 100 in most cases). All of the other stats and things generally come out as planned. I created a chest piece and boots, both which rolled respectable amounts. However, when attempting an Akkhan helm, shoulders, and legs, they all rolled really low armor. From that point, I had issues getting anything higher. The original item I modified had high armor, but it always gets replaced.

2. ViperX420

ViperX420 PS3 Dev XPG Developer
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    well first thing did you remember to change flags to 265 so the game consider's those items a RoS Item? If not this may be your issue cause if you don't do that the 70 won't help because flag 9 is Vanilla D3 flag and the numbers are lower for those versions cause they didn't exist back then i'm guessing not only that you can re-roll til you find a higher base armor as well then work from there. There is alot of tricks to it I'll be making a video today i think its about time now with the database being the way it is finally i can take some time to do it before now I kept getting pulled back to help fix stuff so I haven't had the time to finish the new video but i'll get to it today.

3. datteel

datteel Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    I went back and looked at it. It was set to 269, so I swapped it over to 265. After still have the issue, I decided to start over from scratch just incase. It still was pullilng up low armor, though, once I loaded up the game.

Maybe it's my method. What I'm doing is pulling legendary gear already created in game and basically renaming the gear over to the Akkhan set. The chest and boots kept the original armor of the item that I had used as a template. The shoulders, legs, helm, and hand slots were a different story. Seems odd it would work for 2/5 of the set using the same process throughout.

Which thread will you be posting your video? I'll check it out later with you post it and see if your methods differ.

4. ViperX420

0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    When doing it the way you describe you need to understand that different piece's of gear house different types of seeds for different types of gear so if you take a chest piece and make it say maybe boots not sure which one's have similar seeds atm but when you do stuff like this the vaules can infact completely change up on you so the better way to do this is to make the gear out of the same type of gear this way when you transfer the gbid it won't mess with the seeds vaules and have similar armor to the base vaule. Hope this helps you.

5. datteel

datteel Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    Yeah. I always try to turn a chest to a chest, helm to a helm, ect. Never one type to another.

I'm not entirely sure where the my issue is originating from. I've varied the pieces I use to try and create the new item. I'll have some free time a little later tonight, I'm going to sit back down and try it a piece at a time and see if I can come up with some different results. I have a few things I want to try out and see if I can't make something happen. I appreciate all the help.

Let me know when you get that video up, though. Having a few extra tricks up my sleeve definitely wouldn't hurt.

Mod on.

6. venom33

venom33 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    need some help.. i have been trying to mod my game save for diablo 3 ros for xbox360..followed all the instructions that i have found on here but with no luck..i extract everything from my game save to a folder then i mod all my files with dIIIeditor to what i want but then when i try to inject or replace files it says complete then i rehash etc etc. but the files are the same size as original which my modded files are a lil bit bigger...i tried usung 360 revolution and horizon but still nothing ..what am i doing wrong all i want is a crap load of gold and some cool stuff for my character...any help would be great

7. ma

mattdemo Newbie
    0/47

Anyone got some dupped stuff and gems that they can drop for me please? i have tryed to make this work for over a week not good with computer at all. psn: amiiros Thank you

8. Ur

UryuIshida1 Newbie
    0/47

Hello, I'm pretty good at modding, but for some reason I can't seem to make this work. I don't know if it got patched with the most recent update or what, but I've done all the steps. Transferred to computer, decrypted with Bruteforce, loaded into Save Editor, modded what I want, saved, re-encrypted, and transferred back to Ps3, nothing shows up at all. Any help is appreciated.

9. ViperX420

0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    Technically the only thing they have patched is modded gems other then that everything can still be modded in the same way it has been since the very beginning. There is new versions of each program which if you hadn't noticed this thread is for Vanilla D3 not ROS. You need to come to this thread below to learn about RoS.
    http://www.xpgamesaves.com/topic/109557-viperx420s-reaper-of-souls-database-and-cky-editor-news/page-28#entry645757

10. Ur

UryuIshida1 Newbie
    0/47

Forgive me Viper, I hadn't checked my email in a few days, it was an error on my part, got everything working fine. Thanks for your many contributions in this. Cheers!

11. 31K4L

31K4L Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    Hello Sir.

I tried CKYs d3ros editor.. It worked like a charm.. But suddently the databse stopped working and all names for the items turned into numbers..
    Is there some how a way to make the database (gbidlist) work again? Also the sno_item seems to be "offline"...
    If i open the files, the only thing inside is "Cannot Connect" ..

Overwriting the files with the original ones, does not seem to work..
    Opening as administrator doesn't do the job either..

Im not really sure what to do.. Help ne1?

12. xG

xGarretMantz Newbie
    0/47

@31K4L It's not just you. Pretty sure it has something to do with the app, because its happening to pretty much everyone right now.

13. 31K4L

31K4L Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    Thx for letting me know @xGarretMantz

14. xG

xGarretMantz Newbie
    0/47

Np. Hopefully Viper gets on soon and figures it out. I'm sure he will.

15. 31K4L

31K4L Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    It seems to work again...

Anyway, does anyone has the code for Bonus Experience? Its not in the gbidlist database ..

16. ViperX420

0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    cause it doesn't exist its a hard-coded stat that only shows up on certain items only and no where else and cannot be transferred like other affix id's.

17. po

pootietang Newbie
    0/47

Hey Viper, how are people getting crimson angelic wings into the xbox one version of the game? I keep seeing people say they arent coded into the game, but i have seen them TWICE joining random games.

Im able to export every wing set with cky program except for the crimson, im just wondering hows its done? is there a new item ID for them in the X1 version?

Thanks for any input, iive wrecked my mind on this one lol

18. 31K4L

31K4L Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    Ahh i see .. Thx for answering ..

19. ViperX420

0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    not sure i don't play xbox so i wouldn't know anything on the subject.

20. 31K4L

31K4L Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    Btw. I have a question about Gifts in the d3ros editor.. Where do i change the name to whoever the gift is suposed to be sent to??