Ubisoft Giving Free Game and DLC Also Cancels Unity Season Pass

Bullet Nov 26, 2014

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

Ubisoft have pulled the plug on the Assassins Creed Unity Season Pass and will refund anyone that has purchased the pass for the broken game. Despite numerous patches the game is still plagued with issues, which forced the game publishers to finally pull the season pass from both PSN and XBL earlier today.

By way of compensation Ubisoft are giving away the Dead Kings DLC for free, those that purchased the Gold Edition will be getting a free game, either Far Cry 4 or The Crew according to one Unity fan on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/Spitfire_Spud/status/537679668712062977?lang=en-gb

If you purchased either the Gold edition or the season pass you will be able to pick a free game from the following list of Ubisoft titles:
    • The Crew
    • Far Cry 4
    • Watch Dogs
    • Assassin’s Creed Black Flag
    • Rayman Legends
    • Just Dance 2015
    We recommend Far Cry 4 if you haven't got it already, the game is amazing!

"Unfortunately, at launch, the overall quality of the game was diminished by bugs and unexpected technical issues. I want to sincerely apologize on behalf of Ubisoft and the entire Assassin's Creed team. These problems took away from your enjoyment of the game, and kept many of you from experiencing the game at its fullest potential," wrote Ubisoft Montreal & Toronto CEO Yannis Mallat in a blog post in which he also detailed the compensation details.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  2. Renegade

Renegade Super Special Awesome XPG Developer
    105/188

Console:
    Xbox
    At least they are compensating with a free game...unfortunately the only one I don't have is Just Dance, like hell am I playing that lol