[TUT] Darksiders 2 possessed weapon damage

leolazy Feb 24, 2013

1. leolazy

leolazy Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    It is still possible to mod possessed weapon, after a few hours of editing the save myself, I figured this out.
    search for the name of your edited possessed weapon (you must edit the name first, since the original "Possessed-weapon type" name won't show up).

91 01 94 01 00 01 - look for these first 6 bytes after the name. this is Maximum Damage indicator. Mod the 4 bytes right after these from 00 00 00 00 to any hex number that you wanted. The value is counted backward, so if you edit it to 00 00 00 FF, the damage will be very very large. (too large damage will cause negative damage - healing the monster instead.)

91 01 96 01 00 01 - Minimum damage indicator. Modded value MUST be smaller than that of Maximum Damage.

If you cannot find these hex value inside your save file, try modding it first for a possessed double-scythes, look for "Possessed Attribute Modifier ....... damage" string right below the Scythe's name, and mark the 6 bytes right after that lone "Damage" string, that will be your Maximum Damage Indicator.

I can edit other values as well, such as health steal, crit % and elemental damages, but I have not arranged them into a list yet since the indicators does not seem to be constant.

You can check my crit damage ranking in-game, my xbox gamertag is LeoLazy. - Currently rank #2 in Combo damage, and #4 in Crit damage.

By the way, even without modding, I already have a 95% Health Steal + 95% Warth Steal Legit lvl 30 possessed Gauntlets, and is checking out if there are any specific stats that will be boosted on different types of weapon. So if someone want to play it fair, I am willing to help too.

p/s: Will post images later when I have time, since I'm in training for my company half way around the world, and had to work during midnight here in Vietnam.

2. al

alucard1215 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    This is really good i have been looking for somethink like this but every one makes it more hard to understand what they are talking about i mod games alot but not on hxd and is it possible to show a image were to make the change i find it easier to actually see where abouts you have to put the changes in but its still good what you have done but if you can that would be really perfect