Tags:

The next Dragon Age game will feature "familiar" yet "distinct" lore that hasn't been "addressed" to

Jonny Weston May 23, 2017

1. Jonny Weston

Jonny Weston
    Administrator
    XPG Administrator XPG Developer
    145/188

Console:
    Computer
    It's no secret by now that BioWare is in the early stages of developing the next entry in the Dragon Age series. After all, its previous entry, Inquisition took home the Game of the Year honors back in 2014, and with the struggles of Mass Effect: Andromeda, BioWare could use a solid outing from a safe franchise.

[​IMG]

Alexis Kennedy, the creator of Fallen London and Sunless Sea joined the BioWare writing team back in September, which was confirmed by Executive Producer Mark Darrah to be for the Dragon Age team, recently spoke to Eurogamer about what we can expect from the next entry. Kennedy, although vague in his descriptions says that the subject matter will be both "familiar" and "distinct" for Dragon Age fans.

"What I can say is I have been given considerable autonomy to work on a storyline bit of lore which is well-segregated from other parts of the game," Kennedy said, "which makes a lot of sense with me being remote. And yes, if you've seen a lot of my work before you will probably not be surprised by the choice of subject matter. It's familiar stuff."

Make no mistake, Kennedy is not writing the entirety of the next Dragon Age game, merely a portion. Which he later explains.

By all indications, the next Dragon Age game is nowhere close to ready, as they are still in the early stages of writing up its main storyline. This is not to mention that, despite the negative attention, BioWare remains committed to improving and promoting Mass Effect: Andromeda for as long as it is viable.

Source: Game Zone