[Suggestion] New Game-sharing Rule?

OfficialSilas Feb 16, 2015

1. OfficialSilas

OfficialSilas The PC Wizard
    135/188

Console:
    Other
    Hi XPGamesaves STAFF and Community,

I'd like to introduce a new possible rude for Game-Sharing here on the site. The reason for my appearance on this is because It's clearly getting into a different approach and people are just abusing the rights of sharing games. Please allow me to explain my reasons, and I hope you agree with me.

So reviewing the most recent Game-Sharing topic's throughout the site, a high majority of the user's who have signed up to this site hasn't explored our great growing site, but instead, they only post 1-5 posts in there topic experience on XPGamesaves and are just only posing 1 topic about game sharing. Now, we all are aware of the people joining the site, not having a good reputation on the site, and now I have a solution. By making a rule on the Game-Sharing forum, member's must have at least 50 - 100 post's before asking to Game-Share, for the safety of the community and for there account's sakes. Yes, I'm aware of the choices, if people want to Game-Share and they get ripped off etc it's there problem. But if you've known me for a long time, that's not my type of cup of tea. I like all member's to interact with the site first as it could give them another idea about the site, and not just giving them one reason to sign up to site site, just to use the Game-Sharing forum.

In conclusion, I think this idea is fair, and reasonable for all new-comer's wanting to Game-Share. I hope you understand that this is for the safety of the users and will hopefully give them a better idea to log on and not just to use the Game-Sharing forum and to explore our great site and community. Thanks for reading and if it's posted in the wrong spot, I apologize, but I didn't think posing this full idea in the pinned current rules would do any good. But I did leave a small idea there.

Yours Thankfully,
    Tha Sillas (Daniel)

2. XxStarzxX

XxStarzxX Banned! BANNED
    205/282

Console:
    Xbox One
    If I am honest I quite like the idea, but at the same time could and would it start spam to quicken their post count...

3. OfficialSilas

105/188

Console:
    Other
    Well, there is a rule against spam, they should already know the terms of use before registering to the site, as we all should know that ;)

4. Nasyr

Nasyr The Nice One Lifetime Gold XPG Retired Staff
    185/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    As I do check over the game sharing forums a lot, I only see this to create a new bug in the system, if you get me. Our user base of members normally stays under 20 posts. To require something of that extant, I only see spam. Yes, they may know the rules but honestly, we know mostly people don't read them, if at all.

Scamming is a bad thing that occurs ever so often but, instead of restricting people that may not even be the problem in the first place, why not help develop guides to a successful transaction between sharing games and what to look out for as warning signs towards stealing your account. Also, where to go and how to fix the issue if your account has been stolen.

I see a brighter light at the end of the tunnel. ;)

5. reloadmydeagle

reloadmydeagle I LoVe GoldZ Lifetime Gold XPG Retired Staff
    135/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    I agree with Nasyr would lead to spam most likely. Also good however. I'm 50/50 on the idea, but here's an idea, not sure how it would work with gamesharing but it does prevent scamming: middle man service ;)

6. OfficialSilas

105/188

Console:
    Other
    It shouldn't come to spam guys, most people who join the site are matured, not like 10 year old's on Se7enSins and TTG. But maybe if there was another way to prevent scammers sure. But it was a suggestion. I just hate for people to think of this site as a waste of time and just full of scammers. I'm aware of people's activity on this site and I just saw a guy with 1 post and joined today just getting straight into the game sharing. Or maybe making game sharing members only or something.

7. OfficialSilas

105/188

Console:
    Other
    Or maybe a badge that they must earn to Game-Transfer that gives them the trust and approval to Game-Share with other member's for safe transactions ;)

8. Nasyr

Nasyr The Nice One Lifetime Gold XPG Retired Staff
    185/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    I suggested a badge like that awhile ago. Have a look here.

9. OfficialSilas

105/188

Console:
    Other
    Just viewed it really good idea!