Steam to refund games - even if you don't like them

zesp4 Jun 5, 2015

1. zesp4

zesp4 XPG Editor Gold Subscriber
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 4
    [​IMG]

On the 2nd of June Steam finally announced they will be refunding games for any particular reason!
    This is a huge shock to the PC community due it being near impossible to get a refund before.
    I myself have had issue with Downloadable Content before and never got a refund i had to buy it twice.

Heres some of the reasons you can get a refund:
    • You don't like the game
    • You don't meet the recommended requirements for the game
    • Pre orders can be refunded
    Though it's not the easy, there are rules in place, you can't have played the game or content for more than two hours, you have a 14 day window to ask for your money back and you can't get a refund for a game you got banned on by Valves Anti - Cheat system.

I'm sure a lot of us out there have complained in the past or argued that this should be in place. Finally they have become more lenient towards this issue.

2. Bu

Bullet Guest

With the amount of AAA games being rushed out and then hotfixed with Day One patches, its good to see Steam is taking this course of action.
    Not liking the game doesn't seem a valid reason for refund to me though, I mean its up to buyers to research the game before purchase. Its not like there are a shortage of live streams, videos, reviews etc about most games where buyers can prepare themselves before making a purchase.

3. zesp4

zesp4 XPG Editor Gold Subscriber
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 4
    Yeah i see what you mean B, I've seen players downloading a game playing it for a bit and it gets bombarded with negative reviews on steam itself due to having issues day one and people looking for their money back. I also know it's not a great reason that you can just say "nope i don't like this game I'm going to see if i can get a refund" Steam did say they wont be letting people abuse the rule now so i reckon Steam will be watching out for this. I remember buying PS1 games in the shop and if i didn't like it i'd ask for refund but they would give you in store credit instead. But your right about the Tech we have now, get news and reviews basically anywhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.