Sony Says PS Plus Edition of Driveclub Is Still Coming

Nasyr Feb 28, 2015

1. Nasyr

Nasyr The Nice One Lifetime Gold XPG Retired Staff
    125/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    [​IMG]

When it was released back in October, Driveclub was met with mediocre reviews and annoyance and disappointment at the lack of the promised Playstation Plus Edition, which would have been free for Playstation Plus members and come with exclusive cars. Now here we are in the tail end of February and still no Playstation Plus Edition has been released. According to Eurogamer, the following came from an unnamed Sony employee regarding the status of the MIA-version:​
    “We are continually working on improving the server capacity to enable us to launch the PS Plus Edition as quickly as possible, although currently we do not have an update regarding the timing for the release.”​
    This contradicts a statement made the day before by Jim Ryan, boss over at Playstation Europe.​
    “I can’t say anything at this stage. I don’t think anybody should labor under the opinion that there was any feeling of insouciance or anybody being relaxed about that being the case.”​
    What’s noteworthy and slightly alarming about Ryan’s statement is the use of the word ‘were’. The conflicting reports aren’t reassuring by any means, especially given the tumultuous launch Driveclub had, and the fact that two major figures at Sony aren’t on the same page doesn’t help inspire confidence. While the game has been stabilized now, its problematic and broken launch was just another instance of an industry trend: games being released broken and buggy then being stabilized by numerous patches and DLC.​
    Bugs happen, Bethesda’s Fallout and Elder Scrolls games are notorious for them, you can’t get every bug during testing and in some cases, DLC can be a good thing, expanding on the game’s universe, like Gearbox’s Borderlands series. The issue here is when games like Driveclub, Battlefield, and Assassin’s Creed (two of the biggest offenders for releasing broken and buggy games) release a game that is barely playable, then spend the next six months releasing patches so their game is functional and DLC of things that should have been in the finished product to begin with.​
    So from the sounds of it, the Playstation Plus Edition is still happening, we just have no idea as to when we’ll actually be seeing it pop up in the Playstation store.​

Source: jbgn

2. Dylandy05

Dylandy05 The Blue Waffle Power Ranger Lifetime Gold
    125/188

Console:
    Playstation 4
    id just leave it we have been waiting so long im not sure people will bother anymore i know i wont