Sony Don't Think Changing Your PlayStation Network ID Is Possible

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Bullet, Oct 30, 2015.

Sony Don't Think Changing Your PlayStation Network ID Is Possible

Bullet Oct 30, 2015

1. Bullet

Bullet XPG Original Founder EST 2000 XPG Administrator XPG Founder
    95/188

Console:
    Xbox
    Shuhei Yoshida, president of SCE Worldwide Studios, has delivered yet another blow to the Playstation community. Earlier this week Yoshida disappointed PS4 owners when he bluntly told gamer's that the PS4 would not be backwards compatible.
    A few hours ago Sony delivered yet more bad news when they told a fan via Twitter that it may never be possible to change Playstation Network IDs. A Playstation fan asked when it would be possible to change ID's to which Yoshida replied:
    "When? I wish I knew. We are all aware that lot's of people are asking for the feature," he replied. "Our engineers have been looking into what they can do. As soon as we know, we'll let you know.
    "As of today, we don't even know if we can ever do it," he continued. "But hopefully we will be able to provide that feature in the future."
    It isn't looking too promising, so when you choose your ID, make sure you are happy with it because it looks like you could be stuck with it for a long time, if not forever!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2015
    1. Yumiyashi
      Yumiyashi
      +1 For Xbox, lol.
    2. masterALN
      masterALN
      Haha +1 more for X1 lol
    3. Vash The Stampede
      Vash The Stampede
      kinda sad when almost every damn system or app has that feature yet one of the most advanced things out cant do it.... if the engineers at Sony cant do it man i really feel bad for their future because they suck at their job....
    4. xD The Clown
      xD The Clown
      <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Vash The Stampede" data-time="1446267073">
      <div>
      kinda sad when almost every damn system or app has that feature yet one of the most advanced things out cant do it.... if the engineers at Sony cant do it man i really feel bad for their future because they suck at their job....
      </div>
      </blockquote>
      Lol, just change your console to xbox
    5. Dylandy05
      Dylandy05
      dont bother me had the same playstation name since i had my 360
    6. ad
      aden34
      such BS. my playstation id was changed. my old id was "Ur_Moms_Platypus" and apparently they found that offensive. so they banned my account but when i called playstation, they said they will have to change my ID. it is now "Hail_The_Unicorn"

the only downfall was that i lost all my trophies (like that matters) and had to readd my friends. still have all my purchases, online save data, and gamesaves. and even then readding my friends, they were the first to show up everytime i entered a letter.

so for them saying its not possible is BS. based on the fact that all my online save data and gamesaves were still there means they were based on my psn id number, while trophies and friends are saved through the name. i bet if they just changed that, then it would be easily done
    7. weedkilla
      weedkilla
      yeah on ps2 i had adolf hitler and they changed it to world peace lol
      :)