Slow Laggy dashboard and can't download TUpdates.

ULTIMATEMALE Oct 20, 2013

1. UL

ULTIMATEMALE Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Hi Guys my xbox 360 was working fine until about 2 days before GTA - Online launched.
    After which the xbox 360 dashboard started to get really laggy. Singing in would take about 5-10 minutes. Loading the freinds tab would would take forever. It takes likes 3-5 minutes to load a tab.

So I did some googling. Found the problem can be solved with a Cahe clearance.
    I tried that, even did it 3 times in a row and it did nothing to help.

Infact it made the problem worse as it deleted all my title updates without fixing the lag. Then I discovered I could no longer download title updates as I would get a error code upon downloading title updates.

I then took out the HDD and powered on the xbox and played game the console seems to run fine. I put the hard drive back in again and its all laggy, "only when connecting to or connected to live. Otherwise its fine. I then tried to Delte profile and recover it again. But it did not fix the console dashboard lag problem.

So now I have a laggy console that cannot download title updates as a result I can barely play any games online and I feel like my console is rather unplayable right now.

I have also tried "router Reset" that has also failed. I have tried DMZ the xbox 360 ip that has also failed.

So you guys any ideas ?

Thanx any help would be appreciated :)

2. UL

ULTIMATEMALE Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I figured this might help

Title update download error code

=

4099 0000 D080 0200 8007 045D

Thats the error code I get when downloading a title update. :)

3. jayt180703

jayt180703 i think ive broke it
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    try deleting youre profile then redownload it . sounds like something has corrupted .

just read this again slower this time i see youve already tried that are you using an officall hd or a third party hdd if you can transfer all youre saves to a usb stick format it in the 360 first so it finds it then format the hdd ,

any items purchased i.e maps etc can always be redownloaded at a later date .

4. UL

ULTIMATEMALE Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Its a 320GB HDD I dont think it is an offical HDD. As such I think Partition 2 maybe corrupted on the HDD I have have had this HDD for about 4 months after originally suffering HDD failure earlier this year on a 250GB HDD.

The 320GB HDD was working fine until of course the console started lagging up.

Trouble is I have no means to back up my saves and I have ALOT of game saves that would otherwise need backing up.

5. jayt180703

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    so is this a slim its in and its a 2.5gb sata just pushed in through the side just a wild guess.

6. UL

ULTIMATEMALE Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    No its a phat console. White one. I got the HDD of ebay. as a replacement for the one that previously died earlier in the year.

7. jayt180703

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    ok then so you have no way of backing up your saves at all no usb sticks nothing lying around no one you can lend one from at all .
    if its not an officall hdd and youre sure partition 2 has corrupted then you in my opinion you really need to get another save device from somewhere then format the hdd then redownload profile then try it see if alls ok .

really cant say anymore on this subject until youve tried this .

8. UL

ULTIMATEMALE Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I really dont have the means to back up 156GB worth of content.
    I dont really have anybody with a hard drive to spare that would be "that big"

I guess I could backup the gamesaves to a USB or something, but downloading everything again would be a complete nightmare.