Tags:

Skyrim Xbox360 Mod Tool

sigel110 Jul 14, 2012

1. sigel110

sigel110 Newbie
    5/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Hey ive seen many modded gamesaves for skyrim but ive yet to come across a tool that lets you mod things yourself. I was wondering if anyone could send me a link to a good modding tool they found. Some people even make like modded houses and stuff that would be awesome. Thanks :gamer4:

2. zombiewarfare

zombiewarfare Newbie BANNED
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    well im curently working on 2 right now and if you give me some time i could make yours

3. Ra

Ratso321 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Ive found heaps of modded gamesaves but never a mod ool that you can mod your skills and stuff with

4. SlootesHaveAIDS

SlootesHaveAIDS Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    people transfer the saves between xbox and pc and use console commands to edit the save then transfer back. i havent come across or heard of a mod tool though.

5. Pobatti

Pobatti Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    There's apparently a mod tool in existence, though it's tied to a subscription based modding tool and isn't free. That means that people have at least begun to crack this beast, and eventually someone will post up a free editor for us.

The problem with Skyrim is that it's just such a tough cookie to crack. I've made several attempts at this myself, but I can't even get started with the files this game generates. Essentially, to create a save editor you should ideally be able to save the game, make a small change, resave, and then compare the two files to see where the differences lie. In my experience the whole file basically changes, even if you just save immediately after saving.

There are some small bits and pieces in there that could be incorporated into an editor pretty easily - and I'm sure people have already done so - but these are simply the statistics the game keeps for the stats screen and aren't really any use to mod. You'd really want to make alterations to your character, not to 'how many rabbits you slaughtered' or 'how many souls you captured'. This data is encrypted and compressed really well, as soon as someone's able to crack that encryption I'm sure all the juicy innards of Skyrim saves will soon start to flow out and become editable :)

Right now though, I fear that the ability we have to mod saves through the PC game is potentially slowing things down, as many people are quite satisfied with that meaning that there are probably fewer combined minds at work trying to actually figure the save file format out.

6. 1abstract1

1abstract1 Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    55/94

Console:
    Xbox
    I know one, but it is rather limited.

7. ki

kiski8729 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    awesome