skyrim tu help!

toxic69 Aug 15, 2012

1. to

toxic69 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    Heey i have been lookng all over the internet for a mod tool for skyrim ( not a shitty one that only mods gold & statstics) i need one that mods skills. anywhoo, i gave up on that and decided ill just update skyrim so i can play modded gamesaves. the thing is xbuc doesnt tell you what version of the updates it is. so can you guys post links from the lowest to most recent. thxx in advance

2. shamz117

shamz117 Skyrim Pro Lifetime Gold
    135/188

Console:
    Xbox
    iv got few skyrim modded gamesave if you want im putting a link up but dontforget to rep and thank ;)

http://www.xpgamesaves.com/files/file/2777-skyrim-gamesave/

3. Pobatti

Pobatti Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    There's another site out there that operates similar to XBUC, but actually shows you which update each one is. As XBUC is affiliated with XPGamesaves it wouldn't be very sporting of me to be diverting traffic over there (Google it if you must), but it's pretty easy to tell the various updates apart anyhow.

Perform a search for your MEDIA ID version of the game, then simply sort all the Skyrim updates that appear by date. The most recent ones will be the most recent updates by and large. XBUC is rather smart in that, though anyone can upload an update, the hash tag of the files are used to prevent duplicates - so you can guarantee each is unique.

To date, the only Skyrim 1.7 update on XBUC is the European update (yes, I know it says PAL/NTSC/U but it's Euro) that I uploaded myself, so if your region is a different one, the topmost update will be (I presume) 1.6, though since I only have one region version of the game it's not really possible for me to double-check each file to verify what each is.

If you're after a particular update that's NOT the most recent one, start with the oldest updates list and work your way up the list until you reach the update you require. That's the best advice I can offer sadly.

4. Pobatti

Pobatti Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Ah, you want to play modded saves :)

You need to realise that modded saves are done on the PC version of the game which (normally) requires some sort of online verification for security reasons. As a result, most PC users' games will have been automatically patched to the most recent version. In order to load a save on your XBox the version needs to match or exceed the version the PC user had when creating the mod.

If that's what you want to do, the best advice I can give is to simply use the update that's at the top of the list. It will always be the newest, and will ensure your game's compatible with even the most recent modded save games. I've been playing on version 1.7 since release and I haven't really encountered any problems (at least, no new ones) so you should be ok - and since you're using modded saves and updates from XBUC, if you later find an older update is better you still have the option to grab an older patch since XBUC keeps all the old patches available, unlike XBox Live :)