Same Gamertag on XBOX One & Offline XBOX 360?

mickey79 Dec 4, 2013

1. mickey79

mickey79 Developer XPG Developer
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I have an RGH 360 that I don't connect to Live, for obvious reasons; also just bought an XBOX One which will be on XBOX Live.

My understanding (so far) is that you can't transfer Profiles between XBOX One & XBOX 360 using a USB Flash Drive (like you used to be able to between XBOX 360's); that means that I cannot use the same Gamertag/Profile on my Online XBOX One & my Offline XBOX 360 -- because there would be no way to bring the XBOX One profile over to XBOX 360. Is that correct? Is there any feasible workaround?

As it stands right now, it appears I would have to use a separate, new profile on my Offline XBOX 360 in order to play games on it. I would hate to do that.

Any suggestions?

2. stp007

stp007 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    you could put your offline profile on a ubs stick and use a friends online xbox and let it save to the server. once that's done you can just go to your xbone and download your profile from the server.

3. mickey79

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    That appears to be the only resolution, but it's not a feasible one in the sense you would have to do this every time! I have the 360 & One sitting together, and I would have loved to be able to switch back & forth between the two to play 360 games & One games whenever I want. That won't be possible.

I don't understand why they killed the capability to move Profile from console to console on USB Flash Drive with the XBOX One. Honestly, I didn't know about it till I bought the XBOX One.

4. x8

x808drifter Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    What made you think you could.
    You knew from way back nothing was compatible.

5. Mectrikz

Mectrikz Banned BANNED
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Get your offline profile on your memory stick and on a retail get it saved to the server

6. hansolo77

hansolo77 Member
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    So this probably won't be a problem if I have 2 xbox 360's. I have one RGH (offline) that I swap my profile via USB to my other box (online) when I go to play online. If I get an Xbone (I like that term) I can't use that same USB, I'd have to DOWNLOAD my profile on the Xbone every time? Still kinda lame.

I can see one major problem with this. Suppose you're offline. You earn an achievement (or 2 or 10). Then you forget to take your USB over and update your profile online. Then you get online with your Xbone and you earn another achievement (or 2 or 10). Now you have 2 profiles with unmatching achievements. I could see MS doing an instaban on that. Not only do you have to update the profile before using the XBone, but you also have to download the updated profile back to your USB before going back onto your offline console. Way to much work. MS should fix this flaw.

7. mickey79

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Agreed.

This whole feature-reduction on Microsoft's part is completely lame & unwarranted. I don't know what they were hoping to accomplish with this. Not being able to use USB thumb drives to carry profiles over is a step backward, not forward. Used to be that way in the old days. There are other things I'm finding out they killed as well -- like switching Microsoft Account for a Gamertag using the console; you can do it on a 360 but not on XBOX One. Lame again.

Anyhow, it's their rules and we have to play by them, as long as we want to play on their console.

So that brings me to my next Question -- Would anyone here who has an XBOX 360 that does connect to Live be willing to help me out?

I don't have a local friend around who has a retail 360 so I'm looking for someone who can do this for me.

Essentially I need 2 things done; I need to "free" up my main Microsoft Account which currently has a Gamertag that was automatically assigned by XBOX One when I signed in for the first time - it's a simple process but requires a retail 360 connecting to Live. Secondly, I will need my offline profile signed in & converted to an online gamertag using my main Microsoft Account.

I will need to give you, i) The profile I want to use (zipped file) and ii) 2 Microsoft Accounts (username & password).

What you'll need to do is:

I) Download the useless Gamertag using my Main Microsoft Account. Once you have it on your console - using the instructions on this page (http://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account) (Only the 1st part) you will be able to change the Microsoft Account associated with that Gamertag to a different one (I'll give you this one as well). Once this is done, my main Microsoft Account will be free of that Gamertag.

II) Plug-in a USB Thumb Drive with my actual profile on it into your console; Sign-in and follow the instructions on this page (http://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/offline-profile-to-gamertag) to basically log in to XBOX Live using my Main Microsoft Account. This will associate my actual Gamertag that I want to carry over to XBOX One with my main Microsoft Account and then I can simply download that Profile to my XBOX One and start using it!

It'll only take 10 minutes of your time. If anyone's willing to help out - I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

8. zo

zombiexdestiny Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I'd be wiling to help you out on tuesday if no one else has by then (I'm off work tuesday)

9. stoneraz

stoneraz Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Have you popped any emu achievements on this profile?

10. Mectrikz

Mectrikz Banned BANNED
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    What relevance does that have bro?

11. NaCLy AF

NaCLy AF Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    235/282

Console:
    Xbox One
    What relevance does that have bro?
    it can get you banned if you did ..

12. Mectrikz

Mectrikz Banned BANNED
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Fair enough was curious

13. stoneraz

stoneraz Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Yes as PK said it could get you banned.

I will help you out bud and recover it for you. But if its got emu achievements tied to it then no sorry I don't want risk my console.

14. mickey79

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Guys - thanks for the responses! No - It didn't have any emu achievements on it; and yes - a friend of mine helped out last night & ported over the offline profile to XBOX Live. So I'm all set. Enjoying my old profile on XBOX One now.

Thanks!!

15. stoneraz

stoneraz Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    No worries glad all worked out for you ;)

16. Mectrikz

Mectrikz Banned BANNED
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Well done lad

17. mickey79

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    In the past you needed 360 to switch Microsoft accounts for a gt; you couldn't do that on XBOX One - but as it turned out, you can do that online now on accounts.live.com rather easily. So I do have to take back my criticism of MS on that issue.

18. la

landr0ver Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    How did you do it exactly? Your friend's Xbox was an original, un-modified one?