Rockstar Removes Betting From GTA V - Money Glitch Nerfed

Bullet Jan 4, 2015

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

Rockstar Games have caused uproar in the GTA V gaming community by removing betting from the game in an unannounced update. The ability to bet on yourself but also friends has been completely removed from the game.

The reason behind removing the betting feature seems to be a crude method of preventing people using the latest race glitch to easily earn money in GTA V online.

The glitch was super simple to perform and involved gamers betting in online races to earn money really easily for everyone in the race. The more people that were in the race, the more everybody would earn, but this exploit could be done using just two people.

Using this exploit it was easily possible to make around 100k per race provided you could of got a full lobby. Each person in the lobby would then bet the maximum amount on themselves.

Once the race started everyone in the game would ram into the wall right off the start line and crash. Doing this would make everyone respawn and pick up the money they just dropped. Everyone would then finish the race.

Rockstar have decided the best way to fix this exploit is to totally remove the betting feature from the game, this move has upset some of the GTA V community, and they are confronting Rockstar about this latest move to prevent exploiting the betting feature.

What are your thoughts on the way Rockstar handle fixing these farming methods? Do you think they are too heavy handed with nerfing missions that have high experience or money gains, or do you think that farming ruins the online portion of the game? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  2. Ro

Rocky Guest

Cash Drop Lobbies will be even more popular now, Nice one RS ;)

3. ii

iikrackenii Newbie
    0/47

How does this improve the game play? Why make it harder to earn money and xp? How does this level the playing field? Last I looked you can buy 8mill for $99 real cash.That's 40% more than the game itself. So people with disposable income can enjoy the benefits of a fully upgraded Zentorno or a Adder witch will cost you about 2.5mill.That's like $40 real money for only 2 cars.You can have 30 not to mention all the planes,boats and military purchasable content.So lets think...The average mission gives u around 20k and takes about 10 minutes.That's around 120k an hour.Thats 10 hours of game play for 1.2mill.If everything works right.How long do you play. How long will it take you to fill one 10 car garage with super cars? I bet you can't wait and so does Rockstar. <br><br>
    So I got that out of the way sorry..but it has nothing to do with making the game fair.No matter what lies they tell you or how they word it.READ BETWEEN THE LINES...IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY! NOT THE PLAYERS!

4. jgeter

jgeter Newbie
    5/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Rocky" data-time="1420407991">
    <div>
    Cash Drop Lobbies will be even more popular now, Nice one RS ;)
    </div>
    </blockquote>
    How do you get in a cash drop lobby for xbox one Rocky?

5. ne

nerf123 Newbie
    5/47

oh Fecal Leaking.. i thought i was being trolled when a kid wanted me to do this !!! haha xD i must not cheat.. never again will i money glitch... but its so tempting... grr.. well rocjstar jave ruined gta...

6. Nasyr

Nasyr The Nice One Lifetime Gold XPG Retired Staff
    185/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    [quote name="jgeter" timestamp="1420425699"]How do you get in a cash drop lobby for xbox one Rocky?[/quote]
    He hosts them.

7. Yumiyashi

Yumiyashi © Grey Horse Pr0n Lifetime Gold XPG Retired Staff
    55/94

Console:
    Xbox
    Lol, I was doing that after I joined a random job so I could get into freeroam with other people. I need to find an XP/Cash lobby bad, shark cards are getting expensive.

8. AidenPearce

AidenPearce Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    They don't make simple multiplayer anymore like they did with GTA IV. At least you didn't have to worry about luxury to enjoy the online provided. You didn't have to grind 10-20 hours worth, all for one car, a penthouse, weapons with the exception of clothing due to the ranking system which was a grind in itself, but the goal was simple and much faster than some of the missions provided in GTA V online. I've put my GTA V game to rest since December 2013. I remember being one of those people upset that R* kept stalling the heisting feature, but now that we know that it's coming out sooner than later (took them long enough) it still doesn't interest me in playing the game ever again. There is always going to some kind of bad result and even with heisting it wouldn't surprise me. I lost my faith in R* with this one and I refuse to support another Grand Theft Auto game for as long as I been attached to the series. To be blunt, I bought into the campaign, but realize it could of been so much better than what it was. It wasn't one of those campaigns that screams 'replay value', but that's just me.

9. Bu

Bullet Guest

Micro transactions killing gaming.