Rockstar ‘investigating’ GTA V early sales and deliveries

XPGBuSh Sep 15, 2013

1. XPGBuSh

XPGBuSh XPG'S FIFA KING XPG Retired Staff
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 4
    Rockstar is “investigating” where, how and why copies of Grand Theft Auto 5 have arrived on customer doorsteps ahead of the game’s official release.

GTA V is officially due for release on September 17th but online retailer Amazon has already dispatched copies of the game with many receiving their copy on Saturday – four days in advance. There have also been reports of retailers throughout Europe selling the title on the high street.

In a recent email sent out to customers by the UK retailer GAME, Rockstar requested “that no UK retailer despatch GTA V before the 16th September” with Rockstar having “worked very hard to make it the biggest gaming launch ever.”

Since the early sales and deliveries have come to light, Rockstar issued a short note to GamesIndustry International stating: “We are in the process of investigating early ‘sales’ to determine how and why that is occurring.”

How Rockstar will choose to respond to the situation and whether or not actions will be taken against Amazon is currently unknown. It is understandable Rockstar would take the situation seriously in order to safeguard their long term investment and minimise leaks reaching consumers patiently waiting for the games release.

Source: gamesindustry.biz

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2013
  2. xGoggles

xGoggles Member
    45/47

Console:
    Xbox
    It's good they're investigating this, but it's more money coming out their pocket.

3. NY

NYer420 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    I think it just shows that a lot of the games are pushed back unessisarly. (ahem, South Park). I don't see how the game releasing a few days early hurts anything. I very well could be wrong, so anyone with more insight feel free to correct me.

4. Wo

Wolfmaster5 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I'm guessing SONY had something to do with this again

5. ArisDa

ArisDa Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    1 BILLION in 3 DAYS??<br>