Rise of the Tomb Raider Director Joins Infinity Ward

Heavy Smoker Jan 18, 2016

1. Heavy Smoker

Heavy Smoker Battlefield Junkie XPG Retired Staff
    55/94

Console:
    Xbox
    [​IMG]
    Rise of the Tomb Raider game director Brian Horton has left Crystal Dynamics to join Infinity Ward. According to Horton’s LinkedIn page, the developer has taken a role at the Call of Duty studio as art director.​
    "It's been a huge honor to be a part of the Tomb Raider franchise and the team at Crystal Dynamics," said Horton on the official Tomb Raider tumblr. "I've met fans from all over the world, both in person and online, to share in our love for the franchise and Lara Croft.”​
    “After working on two amazing games, my family and I have decided to return to Southern California and start a new adventure,” he continued. “As sad as I am to leave the team at Crystal, I'm excited to play their future games as a fan. Thanks again for the years of support and feedback and I hope to stay in touch with you all online."​
    Rise of the Tomb Raider launched last year as a timed Xbox exclusive. In his review, Hairy Rich Walker called the game “a fantastic blend of entertaining combat encounters, traversal and open-world exploration.​
    Horton’s new studio is currently entering the final few months of development on the latest Call of Duty, due this winter. It’s likely that we’ll see the first fruits of Horton’s efforts on the franchise in 2019, when Infinity Ward’s next next Call of Duty is due. The franchise works on a three year development cycle, with Infinity Ward sharing honours with Treyarch (Black Ops) and Sledgehammer (Advanced Warfare).​

2. milldogtjm

milldogtjm TeamXPG For Life Lifetime Gold
    55/94

A Student of Gaming
    Console:
    Xbox One
    Good luck Brian Horton, as you transition to Infinity Ward.