RGH on a continous "fatal crash" loop; Can't boot in!

mickey79 Jul 30, 2013

1. mickey79

mickey79 Developer XPG Developer
    205/282

Console:
    Xbox
    Guys,

I've run into a strange problem. I have an RGH XBOX 360 with the latest FSD & DashLaunch. Everything was running absolutely fine. I needed to test a regular trainer so I decided to remove XYZTrainer as the first plugin in my Dashlaunch.

Right after that, after I reboot the console, I can no longer boot into the console. It loads up the XBOX 360 Logo animation and just sits there. If I press the big round X button on the controller, it does bring up the Blades and I can see the FSD continuously crashing & restarting in the background. I cannot launch anything or go anywhere. It's an unending crash-loop.

At this point I'm not able to boot into the console at all and fix this. I'm not sure what caused this; why removing XYZTrainer as the first plugin in my Dashlaunch would render the console unuseable --- but I need to fix this.

Can anyone suggest anyway to fix this? What can I do to boot back into Dashlaunch & reinstate XYZTrainer as the first plugin in my Dashlaunch so everything will run properly again? Or if there's anyway to reinstall Dashlaunch?

Thanks!!

2. ro

roman5566 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    i've had this happen to me before. i will tell u how i fixed it... basically take out your xbox hdd, connect it to your PC and use software like "Party Buffalo" or some fatx explorer to remove the files you've added and it should work fine.

3. mickey79

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Isn't there a way to go into Xell, or launch Xell and make changes to files?

I'm not sure what I need to remove or add - I didn't really add any files to the console. All I did was remove XYZTrainer as load plugin from the Dashlaunch settings. This trainer/plugin has been running for a while now on the console - no problems. This is confusing. I don't understand what happened.

4. sensi420

sensi420 Contributor TeamXPG
    205/282

Console:
    Xbox
    You can do what Roman5566 suggested, or try disabling dashlaunch on boot, simply poer on your console as normal and when you see the green lite start rolling around hit the eject button, that will disable dashlaunch and it should get you to MS dash, from there run xexmenu or any other app you have access to and ftp to your hdd and fix your launch.ini for daslaunch

5. mickey79

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I didn't know about the Eject button method to disable Dashlaunch; I've already opened up the HDD and connected it to my PC. Installing FATXplorer right now - so too far into Roman's method. Let me complete this way and see if I can get it back up & running. If Not, I'll try the Eject button method. Will report back here.

Thanks guys.

6. mickey79

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Ramon's method worked. Hooked up XBOX HDD to my PC, opened it up in Fatxplorer, deleted relevant files - Console is back to normal. FSD is working fine.

This is really what happened ...

I had XYZTrainer in Plugin #1 slot and one of Retrobyte's Single Trainers in Plugin #2 slot in Dashlaunch. I removed the XYZTrainer plugin, but I did not remove the Single trainer plugin. As a result, upon lauching, Dashlaunch/FSD was trying to launch the Single Trainer, but I guess (And I didn't think this was the case), the Single Trainers don't run without launching XYZTrainer XEX first, and therefore FSD kept continuously crashing in a loop. I deleted the Single Trainer files and everything when back to normal.

So word of advice to anyone with similar setup, if you have Retrobyte's XYZTrainer setup as first plugin and any of Retrobyte's Single trainers setup as 2nd plugin, and if you remove XYZTrainer from first plugin for some reason - don't leave the Single trainer plugin all by itself.

Thanks guys.

7. sensi420

205/282

Console:
    Xbox
    Wow that sounded like a nightmare, but glad you got it fixed. Hopefully there team will read this and apply some kind of fix in there future release or add a warning of this issue for other members on there thread.

8. mickey79

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I agree; I'll post something in the relevant thread because they may not necessarily see this thread - I don't have anything specific to Retrobyte's trainer in the title. It was looking pretty bad until I got the advice from you guys - I was really getting unnerved by what was going on.

Anyhow, I'm looking at the XPGChameleon multi-trainer and might be replacing Retrobyte's with that one. Not sure if the actual trainer is released yet. Just saw a request thread.

Thanks though.

9. sensi420

205/282

Console:
    Xbox
    Yeah Chameleon is coming soon...... real soon...... like really really really sooon....

10. mickey79

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I'm a dumbass; Didn't realize - you're part of the XPGChameleon team! Damn awesome. Thanks mate.