Resident Evil Breaks sales records

ToxicGas Feb 9, 2015

1. ToxicGas

ToxicGas Certified Developer Lifetime Gold XPG Retired Staff
    50/94

Console:
    Computer
    Resident Evil HD which was released January 20th has broken sales records for Capcom. The game is known for being the fasted selling digital title for the companies sell history. This is a major achievement for the development team of Resident Evil. It also broke a record on the PlayStation network known for the fastest day one digital title. They did not release an estimated amount of sales that they made neither did they release a brake down of sales by platform.

Sony also announced that Resident Evil HD was the top selling game for both PS3 and PS4. The Game is available across all platforms for just $20.

Capcom also has a new list of titles that are currently in development which include Resident Evil: Revelations 2 and maybe Resident Evil 7. The release date for these titles has not been announced. They also announced that if the sales of Resident Evil HD keep climbing it will result to the Resident Evil 2 remake that fans have been asking for.

“It’s been great to see so many positive comments from fans that have enjoyed this new release," Yoshiaki Hirabayashi who is the head producer of Resident Evil said in a statement. "The team here at Capcom Japan have worked hard to bring the game to the latest generation of consoles and we are thrilled at this news on its performance.”

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2015
  2. FreddyZVoorhees

FreddyZVoorhees Truth or happiness, never both. Lifetime Gold XPG Retired Staff
    135/188

Console:
    Xbox
    Wow... that was unexpected, game is good, but I didn't expect so much people to buy a Remaster, the game price helped a lot tho. :p

3. Bu

Bullet Guest

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="FreddyZVoorhees" data-time="1423514434">
    <div>
    Wow... that was unexpected, game is good, but I didn't expect so much people to buy a Remaster, the game price helped a lot tho. :p
    </div>
    </blockquote>

There is a ton of games I would love to see remastered on Next gen consoles, nostalgia does weird things to people!<br><br>

4. teameffigy

teameffigy Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    50/94

Console:
    Xbox
    Yeah, I got sucked into the pre-order w/ the cross-buy option that spanned PS3 &amp; PS4. Played it for about 20 minutes, and moved on... I'll come back to it someday ---