It’s been a long time since Resident Evil 5 came out, and we finally have some new details from the trailer Capcom just revealed. First of all, check out the trailer below, it features more than 3-minutes of footage and shows some new characters from the game.
The game will be released on November 20th for the PS3 and Xbox 360, with the PC version to follow at a later date.
- The game has co-op. It is confirmed.
- Leon and Chris will work together. They are both playable. For the first time ever, these two characters will be in a same game.
- Ashley seems to be back.
- The game is action oriented. Capcom are calling it ‘dramatic horror’.
- The game is set 10 years after the Racoon city incident.
- There will be multiple playable characters.
- The graphics are much improved over Resident Evil 5. It looks much more crispy and features a lot of neat visual effects. The lighting and textures are also impressive.
- China is under threat from a bio-terror attack.
- The game is a globe-trotting adventure.
- There will be a deep melee combat system
- Hunnigan is in the trailer at 1:05
- You can see some beautiful Chinese locations which also showcases the lighting tech.
- Director: Eiichiro Sasaki (Star Gladiator, Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure, Tech Romancer, Project Justice, Power Stone 2, Resident Evil Outbreak, Resident Evil Outbreak 2, Zack & Wiki, Bionic Commando)
- Producer: Yoshiaki Hirabayashi (Re-make, RE0, RE4, REUC, RE5, PN03, Sengoku Basara 3, Dino Crisis 3, Viewtiful Joe, Viewtiful Joe 2)
- Executive producer: Hiroyuki Kobayashi (RE1, RE2, REDC, RE2DS Version, RE3, RECVX, RE0, RE-make, RE4, REDS. DMC, DMC2, DMC3. Dino Crisis 1, 2 y 3. Sengoku Basara 1, SB2, SB2H, SBX, SBBH, SBSH, SBCH. PN03, Killer7, Under the Skin, Devil Kings, Dragon’s Dogma)
- The game seems to be going back to the “horror” roots of the older Resident Evil games while also keeping the action at an all time high.
- Animations are fantastic.
- Chris’ gameplay will probably feature cover based shooting, as seen in the video at 1:52 and 2:45.
- The ability to slide into cover will also be featured into game, as seen at 2:45.
- Players can also sprint this time around, as seen at 1:44.
- There is a new character in the game. He is an ex-mercenary, by the looks of it, and is also a playable character.
- The game will have diverse shooting, more than just the traditional Resident Evil over-the-shoulder gameplay style.
- There seems to be a large focus on set-pieces, and maybe even a few vehicle sections.
- You fight huge bosses in the game. El Gigante type enemy shown in the trailer.
- Normal zombies shown.