0.0%

[READ] PC Section(s) Needing attention

OfficialSilas Mar 18, 2015

1. OfficialSilas

OfficialSilas The PC Wizard
    125/188

Console:
    Other
    PC Gaming is one of the most underrated section's that XPGamesaves provides [IMO]. Today, I'd like to address the STAFF and Community of what I feel should be done to make the forum section flourish again.

To start, I'd like to say that the only main contributors to the section is Aprax, XPGIamcoolz and myself. By giving this section a so called make over, giving PC Gaming news and introducing new forum topics, this will improve PC gamer's to come to XPGamesaves for a general purpose. Think of something like LinusTechTips for an example, his forum is strictly on PC. But if we got some of the sections most PC Gamer's use and placing them into this site, they will have multiple places to enjoy the PC community. I feel that adding new forums such as:
    1) PC Builds
    2) PC News
    3) PC Support
    These will help populate the sections [IMO]. If possible, I'd love to help doing all the PC News etc as a commitment.

Now, If people say that PC Gaming is dead, you're totally wrong, in fact. PC Gaming has been more popular than ever. With the creativity being endless on PC's, making the sections like PC Builds etc will be packed with great builds. I am with over 4 Australian PC Gaming groups on Facebook with over 6,000 plus people on each group. Just image how many people XPG could gain from updating there sections. [Source]

In my conclusion, I just feel that the section's need an updating because all I see is console related stuff on XPGamesaves. We need to bring the PC Gaming community back into action and I'm willing to help! I hope this goes under discussion with the STAFF. Please comment your feedback on this issue and please fill out the VOTE option on the top of this topic. Thank you and as always, enjoy your night / day.

2. Iamcoolz

Iamcoolz Forum Administrator Staff Member XPG Administrator
    205/282

Console:
    Xbox One
    So, while I agree, this forum is mainly comprised of console players. That is just the plain fact about this particular forum, why is that? Because trainers here are made by the developers for the primary games for the console. However, the PC section is dead due to the fact there isn't a large amount of PC players or even computer enthusiasts on this forum. There is a small group of people on here that know what they are talking about on the section, but? That shouldn't stop people from reading a tutorial and creating one based on it. It's called learning, and the one user on this forum who was more dedicated to learning more than anyone retired, Begal. Begal and I could speak for hours on computers and figuring things out. But anyway, while the section could use a makeover, you need to make the tutorials.

I will give it to Rifter, or Aprax now, he did a fantastic job with the Web Development section and actually posted quite a bit of information. It's people like that, that drive this forum. So, I would say they will do the makeover when let's say you show an effort in it, posting tutorials, posting trainers/saves/hacks, and bringing people in by advertising it. It won't be easy to bring PC people here until they see a common core of people here who share the same knowledge as them, thus discussion is created, thus topics and replies explode, thus creating an active subforum. I have always thought that maybe the name of this site drives away certain people, as XPG is good? But when the GameSaves comes into mind, people don't see that as a PC/Programming site title.

So in summary, I would say yes to it, but you would need to provide the work and tutorials to get it pumping.

3. OfficialSilas

105/188

Console:
    Other
    Absolutely, I'll give PC News etc, but I need to approval so if the forum does get the make over it needs [IMO] I'll be pumping out certain items. Yes, XPG is mainly for gamesaves etc but. Why can't it be a multi usage site? I mean, Modding is becoming some what dead from when it was very popular in 2013. But all these are my opinions.

4. Iamcoolz

Iamcoolz Forum Administrator Staff Member XPG Administrator
    205/282

Console:
    Xbox One
    It is becoming dead in the fact that the Xbox One or PS4 cannot be currently modded, once that unlocks, it will go back to being booming again.. only a matter of time. Why need approval? Just go and post some tutorials and news, show them what you got.

5. OfficialSilas

105/188

Console:
    Other
    Okay, I'll get cracking later on today, or during the week. I'm still hoping that the Admin's such as Rocky & Feral go into consideration. It would be great to talk to more PC Gamer's than just you and me now since Aprax left :(

6. Nasyr

Nasyr The Nice One Lifetime Gold XPG Retired Staff
    185/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    Only common issue I see here is, what about the other sections? We need a general push in activity/content overall. Yes, maybe adding a few forums could help but, I think stocking the ones we have currently would be even better. You could add 2, 4, or even 8 forums and that section could still be dead. It's about pushing the section and how much dedication goes into it. We have many other sections that need a bit of updating or a push of activity but, it all comes down to how the site runs it, and what goodies are with held inside.

I know you two will take that section off to another level with whatever Coolz has planned, I like it.

7. OfficialSilas

105/188

Console:
    Other
    Well, reason for this topic is because I feel it needs more than others. I mean you should update the ones that people come on the site to use and enjoy. AKA PC. But yes, I see where you're coming from

8. Cosm00

Cosm00 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    Get the PC side of the site bumping! I support lol!

9. OfficialSilas

105/188

Console:
    Other
    I'll ensure that I start planning out and uploading items to the forum. It would be 3pm my time from Saturday on wards.

10. Dylandy05

Dylandy05 The Blue Waffle Power Ranger Lifetime Gold
    125/188

Console:
    Playstation 4
    its not dead i have a pc myself but im mainly a console gamer cos its cheaper game wise cos i game share there isnt alot of people that post in the pc section

11. Ro

Rocky Guest

If you feel the PC section needs pushing then start working towards it, If that forum takes off the way you think it will thats when we will add to it ;)