1. Jonny Weston

Jonny Weston
    Administrator
    XPG Administrator XPG Developer
    145/188

Console:
    Computer
    Still the only MLB-licensed game on Xbox

R.B.I. Baseball, the only baseball game licensed by Major League Baseball on the Xbox One, is back for a fourth season. National League Rookie of the Year Corey Seager of the Los Angeles Dodgers was declared the cover star, though it isn't clear if the game will have a physical disc launch.

R.B.I. Baseball 17 will feature all 30 MLB clubs and the full membership of the Major League Baseball Players Association, performing in 30 distinct representations of MLB ballparks. The game will be available for $19.99 on consoles and $4.99 on mobile devices.

[​IMG]

R.B.I. Baseball will launch on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, iOS and Android. A list of launch dates will be provided later. Opening Day is Sunday, April 2 and MLB The Show 17 launches March 28 on PlayStation 4.

R.B.I. Baseball, originally published by Tengen for the Nintendo Entertainment System in 1988, returned in 2014 as an MLB-licensed property developed by its Advanced Media division. The game presents real clubs, players and ballparks of Major League Baseball in the gameplay style familiar to the NES classic, with visuals updated for current generation consoles. Features such as two button controls prize fast action over simulation quality, and allow nine-inning games to be finished in less than 30 minutes.

Seager, 22, of Northwest Cabarrus High School in Kannapolis, N.C., swatted 26 home runs in 2016, a single-season record for Dodger shortstops. He won a Silver Slugger, the third Dodgers rookie to do so, and his 193 hits surpassed the Dodger rookie record set by Steve Sax in 1982.

Source: Polygon