PS4 console problems “within our expectations,” says Sony, but still on track for great launch

XPGBuSh Nov 16, 2013

1. XPGBuSh

XPGBuSh XPG'S FIFA KING XPG Retired Staff
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 4
    [​IMG]

PlayStation 4 has launched in North America and Canada, and while most of the territory is enjoying the experience, some users have reported bricked consoles. As you know, Sony has issued a statement on the matter.

As we reported yesterday IGN was handed the quote by a Sony rep. It reads, “A handful of people have reported issues with their PlayStation 4 systems. This is within our expectations for a new product introduction, and the vast majority of PS4 feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. We are closely monitoring for additional reports, but we think these are isolated incidents and are on track for a great launch.

“There have been several problems reported, which leads us to believe there isn’t a singular problem that could impact a broader percentage of systems. The number of affected systems represents less than .4% of shipped units to date, which is within our expectations for a new product introduction.”

This statement corrects reports that .04% of the consoles were affected, which we again, reported yesterday. But it’s good to keep this in mind.

We’ll have more from Sony and the launch of PS4 throughout the weekend.

Source - VG247

This post has been promoted to an article

2. Bu

Bullet Guest

Sony have maintained that there's a total of 0.4% affected consoles since day one. At the time Shuhei Yoshida issued that statement i believe that only reports of bricking had been occurring. Since that time you have to take into account defective HDMI ports, Red Line Of Death, intermittent blue pulsing light with console freeze, Dualshock 4 issues, overheating, and a string of error codes.

3. NaCLy AF

NaCLy AF Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    235/282

Console:
    Xbox One
    i personally know of 7 consoles that need to be replaced

4. Bu

Bullet Guest

You know what the funny thing is now? Sites like GamingBlend which were previously respected by me are promoting rubbish about these consoles all coming from Amazon and being badly damaged.

The PS4 is rushed and defective, the quicker Sony hold their hands up to the fact and start fixing the issues the better.

I'm not hating on the PS4 just for the sake of it, in fact as a lot of people here know I was actually considering getting one for myself. However in light of all the issues i don't consider it to be the " ultimate gaming console" that its been marketed as.

5. Internet

Internet Gamer
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Well what can you expect, every console will have it's issues at day one. I'm surprised at how many people bought it at day one as buyers would be aware that things like this could happen. Just look an PS3 and Xbox 360 launch.