A PS3 Emulator created and named after Team RPCS3 have announced that they now have a library of over 20 commercial games which although not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, are still playable which is amazing.
I was unaware of this project until I see an article by GamerHeadlines highlighting the achievements made by Team RPCS3.
The first successfully emulated commercial PS3 game, by the team was Arkedo Series - 02 Swap!.
"It requires to manually unpack a edat file and extract some firmware files into the /dev_flash/ folder."
Other games that can be played by RPCS3 include:
- Arkedo Series â€“ 02 Swap!
- Arkedo Series â€“ 03 Pixel!
- Braid (1)
- Caladrius Blaze
- Crash Commando (1) (2)
- Cross Channel: For All People
- Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice (US and EU) (Intro)
- Groovin Blocks
- Harem Tengoku da to Omottara Yandere Jigoku Datta
- Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords
- Raiden IV: Overkill
- Retro City Rampage
- Sacred Citadel (1) (2)
- Shin Hayarigami
- Sonic CD (US and EU)
- Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition (1) (2)
- The Awakened Fate: Ultimatum
- The Guided Fate Paradox (Intro)
- Voodoo Chronicles: The First Sign
The work this team have done is truly awesome, its far from perfect but it is a work in progress. If you would like to see more of RPCS3, then visit their website.
What are your thoughts on this Emulator? Let us know in the comments below.