Playstation Now Facts

Bullet Jan 7, 2014

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

Playstation Now was announced today at CES 2014 in Las Vegas. Now before you all get super hyped there are some facts that you need to know:

Playstation now: which was previously known as Gaikai will launch in North America first, later this year.

There is no planned release date for the streaming service in Europe yet due to the complexity of setting up the service with European ISP.

That's the disappointing news out of the way, now for the good bit. Here's what you can expect from Sony's new streaming service:

Play video games instantly across multiple devices, similar to the way you might stream TV, movies, and music.

Stream full games to all of your compatible PlayStation devices including PS4, PS3, and PlayStation Vita as well as non-PlayStation devices, beginning with 2014 BRAVIA TV models and expanding to numerous other internet-connected devices.

Always play the most updated version of your game. With games hosted in the cloud, you can take your game with you – just log in with your Sony Entertainment Network account on a compatible device and your games and saved progress will be easily available.

This is a massive step forward for Sony and it has widened the gap between them and Microsoft in the console war.

The service is being rolled out in a beta form right now in some places in the US with the full service expected sometime in the summer.

Let us know what you think in the comments below.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  2. De

DellBoy Veni Vidi Vici Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    M$ IS GOING TO HAVE TO COME OUT WITH SOMETHING TO MATCH THIS IF NOT THEY MIGHT AS WELL THROW THE TOWEL IN NOW

3. Sh

Sharp_Shot123 Epic XPG Gamer Gold Subscriber
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Me: Hey guys!

Friends: Hey! Hop on Ghosts!

Me: Nah, I'm going to play Final Fantasy 7!

"Never heard of again."

4. rocketsauce

rocketsauce Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    45/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I really hope this works well, sounds great...but I can foresee problems if a talented hacker wants some attention then you may have a difficult time playing any games from any cloud/streamed game from any Sony product. I hope I am wrong.

5. Dj

Djjw Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    That looks good man, I might sell up lol!!