YouTube PlayStation 4 Revealed Commentary

GamrInsanity Feb 21, 2013

1. GamrInsanity

GamrInsanity FanBoyFeed
    155/188

Console:
    Xbox
    [​IMG]

The PlayStation 4 has finally been revealed. Lets discuss the features while enjoying the newly released God of War Ascension single player demo.

PS4 is equipped with 8 GB of unified system memory, easing game creation and increasing the richness of content achievable on the platform. GDDR5 is used for this memory, giving the system 176 GB/second of bandwidth and providing a further boost to graphics performance. The end result for gamers is new games with rich, high-fidelity graphics and deeply immersive experiences that shatter expectations.

The Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) has been enhanced in a number of ways, principally to allow for easier use of the GPU for general purpose computing (GPGPU) such as physics simulation. The GPU contains a unified array of 18 compute units, which collectively generate 1.84 Teraflops of processing power that can freely be applied to graphics, simulation tasks, or some mixture of the two.

The complete specification is below:

Main Processor
    Single-chip custom processor
    CPU : x86-64 AMD “Jaguar”, 8 cores
    GPU : 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD next-generation Radeon™ based
    graphics engine

Memory
    GDDR5 8GB

Hard Disk Drive
    Built-in

Optical Drive
    (read only)
    BD 6xCAV
    DVD 8xCAV
    I/O
    Super-Speed USB (USB 3.0) 、AUX

Communication
    Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T)
    IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
    Bluetooth® 2.1 (EDR)

AV output
    HDMI
    Analog-AV out
    Digital Output (optical)

It is interesting to see the official specs are pretty close to what we reported a week back. You can red that article over here. The only massive change is the RAM. Sony have learned their lessons and have put in a powerful 8GB GDDR5 RAM, which should make the system future proof for years.

Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below. Stay tuned to for our continuous coverage of the PlayStation 4.

All gameplay was captured with the Elgato Game Capture HD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMO3NirsHk8&hd=1

2. t3

t3fury Guest

i watched the entire event and i must say that i was extremely impressed only shame was there wasn't much shown by square kinda disappointed me. the system itself sounds like they have listened to everyone's suggestions which is always a plus, from what i saw it was alot more then i expected and i believe PlayStation 4 will be the most dominant console ever. as for Microsoft's 720 i really don't think it will be as good as the ps4 and their just a bunch of greedy nobheads, I've seen the new technology that the Xbox is working on like the V.R glasses and the wristbands but really who would want to wear glasses and wristbands everytime you play a game?. PlayStation for the win.