Play Anywhere Xbox One Modding Possibility

Bullet Jun 17, 2016

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

Recently at E3 Microsoft announced that a new feature would be rolled out on the Xbox One games console which would allow gamers to purchase a game on either an XB1 or PC platform and be able to play the game on both, more details and full list of 'Play Anywhere' compatible games can be found here.
    Due to the fact that you can play games across both Xbox One and PC platforms, gameshaves, progress and achievements will be shared across platforms. Does anyone else think this could lead to modding on the Xbox One via the PC?

2. AD

ADDZ Guest

PC games security is pretty good on the side of cracks so you'd have to own the game out right on PC and XB1 (or does that mean if we buy it for one we can play free on the other too?!), on the side of modding most online games they have pretty good detection for example; The Division on PC upgrades their detection system after every client update and have so far rolled out 2 week suspension for 1st time offenders then permaban for recurring cheaters

I'd like to see a way we can modify offline games or story mode parts of our games via PC to XB1 if it allows to recover the save from PC servers to console, it's very interesting and I'll personally look forward to having a go of this (not affecting online play but more so for my personal offline side of gaming)

3. Bu

Bullet Guest

If you buy the game on either platform, you own the license on both platforms so that wouldn't be an issue.

4. la

lazaraslong Newbie
    5/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Yeah this is definitely a possibility.
    A thought I had is what if they don't link the game saves?

5. eric22

eric22 Member
    45/47

Console:
    Xbox
    They will surely put something to sync our saves in between PC & Xbox for offline and Online for Multiplayer game servers such as CoD, Halo etc...,

Mod offline will be great but online on PC side is more stronger then Xbox one.

6. Doragg

Doragg Rookie
    10/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    I wonder if I'll get a free copy of Skyrim: SE for Xbox since I own it on Steam :D

7. Brandon Russell

Brandon Russell Newbie
    5/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    If this would be possible wouldn't this make modding so much easier and also cheaper as you wouldn't have to buy the modding parts for the Xbox?

8. 482donovan

482donovan Newbie
    5/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Wasn't this how modding originally started on the Xbox 360?

9. SkyrimFinaticLol

SkyrimFinaticLol Newbie BANNED
    5/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    i think they awesome and i think it could lead to modding on the xbox one via pc

10. Rickie H

Rickie H Rookie
    20/47

Pirate king
    Console:
    Xbox One
    I think only Windows 10 pc's will be able to utilize xbox live. Anyways, time to move back to Windows. Btw would that mean I'll be able to play a game simultaneously on both platform with another friend with games I own?

11. Yolo2962

Yolo2962 Newbie
    5/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    See guys if they come out with the mod then I know u will buy it but will never be able to game online and right now online gaming is the best so I am expecting Microsoft to allow us to gameshare with 5 people