Omerta City Of Gangsters Save Modding Discovery

savstar Feb 6, 2013

1. sa

savstar Newbie BANNED
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Hi everyone,

I would just like to share my discoveries on Save modding Omerta with you.

As you may know the save files are zlib compressed as mentioned on the forum.

I did a little research, and found that you can use the offzip and packzip decompression and recompression tool. There is a GUI version of this, which can be found in the general places i.e Google.

Now I know XPG team is probably already at work, creating an awesome save editor, but in the meantime, you have the option to decompress your saves and edit them within a hex editor, then recompress, rehash and resign with 360rev or any program of your choice.

1. The way I did this was to open the save in 360rev, then go to contents tab, extract the file from within this tab.

2. Open offzip + packzip GUI, and direct the decompressor to the file you just extracted, and also direct it to a folder you want it to decompress the contents to.

3. Now go to the folder the contents was extracted to and you should have a .dat file that is hex editable, open this up in a hex editor and mod to your hearts desire, then save your edits. We now need to recompress the .dat into a working file, which is just the reverse order and very self explanatory.

4. Just locate the .dat file under packzip GUI and repack to a folder of you choice, then inject back into your Save under contents tab, then rehash and resign. Now go play and test your save lol ;)

Just give me some Thanks if this helps you out guys, until a save editor becomes available.

Hope this helps you out

2. De

DellBoy Veni Vidi Vici Lifetime Gold
    235/282

Console:
    Xbox
    Here you are mate TeamXPG Sensi has done another Mega Starter Save for this and I've been using it now for hours and its amazing just thought I'd let you know mate http://www.xpgamesav...g/#.URKlleSExN8

3. sa

savstar Newbie BANNED
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Thanks for the link mate, just thanked sensi for uploading this, can't wait to test this out. Much appreciated mate thanks ;)

4. ja

jamp09 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    after following ur instructions and extracting the file i get 700+ .dat files in the folder i created...............? help plz do i need a update first..?

5. ja

jamp09 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    anyone