No Man's Sky: The first real bit of Next Gen we actually seen?

Bullet Dec 14, 2013

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

If like me you are feeling kind of let down by the whole 'Next-Gen' hype, then you too will be waiting for something that actually makes you think you are on a Next-Gen console, rather than playing the same games you already owned on current gen consoles with slightly better lighting.

There is a game that may do just that, but even that game is a long way of becoming a reality that can drag us out of next gen depression.
    Hello Games's procedurally generated space exploration game 'No Man Sky' has yet to be announced for a console so it could be multi-platform or they could decide to go exclusive with one of the Next-Gen giants.

If you haven't heard of 'No Man's Sky' yet, its "how Minecraft would roll, if Minecraft was also a Colony Wars game." say's OXM

Players set out from the outskirts of a massive galaxy and make their way to the centre, planet by planet. It's possible to alert other players as to the existence of any planets you discover, including what sort of resources there are available. You may wish to watch the trailer, which is awesome.

Even HelloGames Sean Murray agrees that the next gen consoles right now need something new :

Sean went on to say:
    ID@Xbox boss Chris Charla has already shown interest in the indie developers game and says that:

Which ever way the indie dev's decide to go with this game, i'm sure it will be a massive success.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  2. xIIJazza

xIIJazza Gods divine one
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Minecraft/Halo. o.e

3. AD

ADDZ Guest

For me it just feels like a slight speed upgrade and better GFX, it's the same old games ATM but if we look back at the Xbox 360 release titles for example then they were really poor compared to today's titles on the same system, we need fresh content and a new feel to the gaming especial multiplier & co-op for me.

This does look good with some more rendering and a good story/game-play it could be what we need.

4. Bu

Bullet Guest

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="ADDZ" data-time="1387017693">
    <div>
    For me it just feels like a slight speed upgrade and better GFX, it's the same old games ATM but if we look back at the Xbox 360 release titles for example then they were really poor compared to today's titles on the same system, we need fresh content and a new feel to the gaming especial multiplier &amp; co-op for me.

This does look good with some more rendering and a good story/game-play it could be what we need.
    </div>
    </blockquote>

This game is in its pre alpha stage right now, but hopefully it will give us something fresh, not just in terms of graphics, but also gameplay.
    When the 360 launched they had titles like GOW which at the time actually felt next gen at least... what do we get on next gen consoles? The same games that we have to pay for the privelage to upgrade and replay on a newer console with slightly better graphics!<br><br>

5. xpghax

xpghax Gold Section Mod/Uploader
    205/282

Console:
    Other
    this does look an amazing game,and for only pre-alpha,it looks stunning,defo worth a buy when it gets a release date.

6. Bu

Bullet Guest

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="XPGHAX" data-time="1387018105">
    <div>
    this does look an amazing game,and for only pre-alpha,it looks stunning,defo worth a buy when it gets a release date.
    </div>
    </blockquote>

I wonder which platform they go for if its going to be an exclusive or whether it will be multi platform. If they sign up with ID@Xbox it will be exclusive to Xbox One, not sure about if they sign up with Sony though...

7. NOMADD99

NOMADD99 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    is this game only about flying to the centre of a galaxy?